Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If my nickname is PERI, what is my full name?

Hi Berries,
    I need some help! DH and I are still discussing names and we both like Peri (or possibly Perri) for a girl. But to me this is more of a nickname and ideally I would like a full name with Peri as a nickname. I also had Matilda picked out as a middle name- not sure if this goes well with Peri (Peri Matilda??) but might go better with a longer name.

So my questions are:
    1. What names can become Peri as a nickname? I am not a fan of Persephone, Perdita, Peridot (pronunciation problems although having the possibility of nn Dot as well is very cute). I'd be happy with a name where the nickname is not entirely obvious e.g. the way that Lorelai becomes Rory. Any suggestions?

2. What about a hyphen name e.g., Peri-Anna? It's not my usual style but I'd be happy to consider ideas along this line, so any ideas for names that might work? Or opinions on having a hyphen name with Peri at the start (I don't think it works well in the second position but I'll take suggestions!)

Thanks for your help!

Jem

Perla, Perrine, and Persis were the first names that came to mind.

I don't like Peri-Anna.

You could also do something like Penelope Rivka.
    Last edited by scarletrune; June 2nd, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Hmmm you might consider....

Pearl
    Persis
    Petra
    Perrin
    Pearline
    Perenelle
    Juniper
    Esperanza
    Esperance
    Temperance
    Harper
    Persia
    Piper
    Vesper
    Last edited by alexa400; June 2nd, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

This might be a stretch... Juniper (juniPER) I know it's kind of a different sound, but the letters are there and Juniper is an adorable name

Perenelle (wife of alchemist Nicolas Flamel)
    Pearl
    Penelope (maybe a bit of a stretch?)
    Parisa
    Piper
    Priscilla

I'm sad you don't like Peridot, it would be perfect for nn Peri, Dot is precious, and it's a beautiful gem. I don't think it would have that many pronunciation issues, maybe the occasional correction but it's not totally unheard of or anything.

Not a fan of Peri on its own, or Peri-Anna...