Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It doesn't seem that weird to me, especially if it's a family name (or otherwise very meaningful) or can be easily nicknamed in 2 different ways. Prob best to make sure your SIL is ok with it though, and prepare not to be offended if it bothers her.

Pick another name. Unless you really can't.

My brother and my cousin have the same name, but it's a family tradition. The youngest always goes by his first and middle so it doesn't get confusing at all: one is "Liam" and the other is "Liam James". However, they are 4 years apart and only see each other once or twice a year.

Like people said, it really depends on the name and on the family dynamics.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Well, I have cousins with the same name, but it is a huge family. I personally wouldn't want to have to share the name. Is there anything else that you love as much?

My sister and I have worked out a name-sharing issue in advance.

But the issue was family names (we have the same grandparents after all!). There are other names that are not family names we both like, but I don't intend to double up on anything or even be very similar unless there's a reason. Two cousins, one with an I.R. name and one with an R.I. name because their mothers stacked up on grandma-name variants isn't that weird to me at all, especially since we're not using the same variants. But us both picking out a distinctive and non-family name like, say, Penelope, (which we both love) would be weird.

I would pick another name or at least move it to the middle spot, personally.
    Last edited by stripedsocks; June 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 PM.