Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which sibset is best?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harold, nn Hal & George Barrett

13 46.43%
  • Harold, nn Hal & George Butler

3 10.71%
  • Harold, nn Hal & Joseph Carey, nn Joe

4 14.29%
  • Harold, nn Hal & Joseph Matthew,nn Joe

3 10.71%
  • Harold, nn Hal & Gilbert Henry, nn Gil

4 14.29%
  • Harold, nn Hal & Gilbert Joseph, nn Gil

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3rd (and hopefully last) poll for our list! Looking for best sib set...

Hello Again,
    Please select your favorite sib set combo from the list above. We are using family names only. We have a harsh, 2 syllable, German last name. We already have a son, Harold Jonathan, who goes by the nn Hal. I have tried very hard to stay away from names in the top 100, but we are making an exception for 'Joseph.' However, b/c of this, it is probably my least favorite of the options. Gilbert comes from my g.grandmother's maiden name, McGill. So, even thought I LOVE the nn Gib, to honor her, it has to be nn Gil (rhymes with pill.) Responses/second choices/or potential problems you see with a name are always helpful. Thanks so much for taking the time to vote and/or respond!

Honestly I think McGill is great on its own, but of your options, I think Gilbert Henry is the nicest
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

What does the surname begin and end with? I voted Gilbert Joseph, but it does depend on the surname. I agree with moonkai... McGill would be pretty cool...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Thanks Moonkai. McGill was used already for my sister's mn, so she has claimed future naming rights. That is why McGill has never been an option. She intends to use it for girl in the form of Mary McGill and call her Mary Mack, or as McGill for a boy and call him Mack. She is probably at least 6 years away from ttc, but she refuses to budge. So, reluctantly, I have honored her request. I think it is an awesome name too. Thanks for responding!

I'd prefer to not give out too much more info about our last name- it has the very strong, German "K" sound. (It's why I finally took off 'Kurt,' even though I love the name and it would have honored a beloved uncle who passed, but when put with our last name it just sounded too clipped and abrasive.) I hope this helps.