Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Camilla - thoughts and pronunciation?

What do you think of Camilla? Is it pronounced like cuh - mill as in million - uh or cuh - meal as in eat a meal - uh? Does the nickname Millie work?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I like it pronounced kuh-MILL-uh. Millie as a nickname definitely works!
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

What do you think of Camilla? My immediate association is with the Duchess of Cornwall. NMS, but it's not horrible.

Is it pronounced like cuh - mill as in million - uh or cuh - meal as in eat a meal - uh? cam-ILL-uh, so like your first one I suppose.

Does the nickname Millie work? Yes. Yes it does.

I pronounce it Ca mill uh. It is a beautiful and Millie is a great nickname.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I'd pronounce it Ca-mill-ah. Its okay, but I vastly prefer Camille. So much classier and far more chic imo.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.