Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eloise/Eloisa

Eloise/Eloisa

Would love some opinions on Eloise... Do you see it as a trendy or classic name? Is it feminine, frilly or frumpy? We have considered it before as a middle name, but hubby brought it up yesterday... Specifically he brought up Eloisa. Not sure how I feel about it, he also said he liked Eloise, which I do like. What are some good middle names? Thoughts?
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I really like Eloise. I don't think it's trendy at all, though it it getting extremely popular. But I think it would still make a great name for a little girl, regardless of the new status it's enjoying. I think the nickname possibilities are ideal, and it has good background and meaning. I also like Eloisa, but it almost sounds like it's trying to hard, if you know what I mean. But really they're both lovely.

Eloise is very pretty. I love the nn Lulu.
    Eloise Charlotte is a favourite of mine.
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite name for our little Miss: Phoebe Eliza Grace
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Rose Eloise Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake

That is funny! We almost named our last baby girl, Charlotte Eloise
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

LOVE Eloise, its my ultimate favorite girls name. I think its popularity is increasing but its so timeless and classic it could never be considered trendy in my opinion. I think its very feminine without being frilly. Eloise flows better than Eloisa, to me. I think it just doesn't need that extra A tacked on. I also feel like with the name becoming more popular, adding an A or altering it looks like you're trying to use the name but be "original" if that makes sense. That's just my own feeling, I am hypersensitive to name "variants" on popular names (even though Eloisa is totally a legit name i get that). And that being said if my husband okay'd Eloisa i would snap it up in a heartbeat and be happy (he won't go for Eloise for some mind boggling reason).
    Eloise has so many nn possibilities that you can really try out any you like the sound of to see what sticks, or what suits her.