Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: -elle/el

-elle/el

Would Emmanuelle get lost in amongst the Isabelle's, Annabelle's, Arabella's, etc?

Is it on the cusp of trendy?
    Or does it feel different to you?
    • teenberry • Australia •

Emmanuelle Sofia - Freja Constantina - Iris Elettra - Lysandra Fleur
    Anton Rafael - Uriah Ambrose - Felix Ignatius
    Considering:
    Ursula - Inez - Solomon - Ezekiel (Zeke)

"And in that moment, I swear, we were infinite" - Stephen Chbosky

Emmanuelle is distinct in that she has more syllables, is more exotically appealing, and isn't remotely trendy. For what it's worth, I wouldn't call Isabelle, Annabelle, or Arabella trendy - they're on trend. "Elle" names are hot now, but that doesn't make them trendy, per se. Or maybe I'm just big on the difference between trendy and on trend. Emmanuelle feels very much more unusual, but she potentially benefits from the familiarity of Elle and Em - she's got two "hot ticket" sounds in her with a cool spin in the middle, right?

For what it's worth, I think of the names you've listed in your signature, your more likely to run into another Valentina, Isadora, Philippa, or Sofia than another Emmanuelle. However, a name like Constantina, Constanza, Philomena definitely stands out in a crowd because they are more "ancient" and less heard of in any popular naming realm. Noemi and Margaux? It will depend where you are.

(And can I just say that I think Philomena is really neat? It's got chic Mena/Mina as a nickname and could even spin to Pippa or Pippi with that Phil start - just like Philippa.)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Emmanuelle is distinct in that she has more syllables, is more exotically appealing, and isn't remotely trendy. For what it's worth, I wouldn't call Isabelle, Annabelle, or Arabella trendy - they're on trend. "Elle" names are hot now, but that doesn't make them trendy, per se. Or maybe I'm just big on the difference between trendy and on trend. Emmanuelle feels very much more unusual, but she potentially benefits from the familiarity of Elle and Em - she's got two "hot ticket" sounds in her with a cool spin in the middle, right?

For what it's worth, I think of the names you've listed in your signature, your more likely to run into another Valentina, Isadora, Philippa, or Sofia than another Emmanuelle. However, a name like Constantina, Constanza, Philomena definitely stands out in a crowd because they are more "ancient" and less heard of in any popular naming realm. Noemi and Margaux? It will depend where you are.

(And can I just say that I think Philomena is really neat? It's got chic Mena/Mina as a nickname and could even spin to Pippa or Pippi with that Phil start - just like Philippa.)

Yes I think I worded it wrong when I wrote they were trendy. They are just rising in popularity/popular.
    Thanks for the positive feedback on Philomena. Not many like it or think it is a "nun-name". And it has many nickname potentials.
    • teenberry • Australia •

Emmanuelle Sofia - Freja Constantina - Iris Elettra - Lysandra Fleur
    Anton Rafael - Uriah Ambrose - Felix Ignatius
    Considering:
    Ursula - Inez - Solomon - Ezekiel (Zeke)

"And in that moment, I swear, we were infinite" - Stephen Chbosky