Results 6 to 9 of 9
Thread: Your naming rules....
June 2nd, 2013 09:09 PM #6
1. Easy to pronounce.
2. Easy to spell.
3. Something I love and adore, over just liking.
4. No teasing potential.
5. Has to sound well with he or she's siblings.
6. Flows with our last name.
7. Will age well.
8. Not overly common, if it is and has multiple nicknames, try them. I have a super common name for my age and I always hated you couldn't call me anything but Erin.
9. Try and not have the initials match, if it happens with two of them it is fine.
10. Make sure Jason loves the name as much as me and has input too.~E&J~
Mama to: Truman "True" Reed (1/06), Delaney "Laney" Katherine (7/07), Charlotte "Lottie" Elisa (9/09), and Hallie Jane (3/11). Expecting Spencer "Spence" Troy and Georgia "Georgie Bea" Beatrice (8/13)
June 2nd, 2013 11:03 PM #8
1. Obvious to spell and pronounce (no popular variations)
2. Must contain a "hope". By which I mean, I want there to be something about the name that says your parents hope you will grow up to _______. Whether that is " be like a certain person" "live up to a meaning" "conduct yourself in such a way that you bring even greater honor to that name".Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin
June 3rd, 2013 07:03 PM #10
1. No creative spellings.
2. Something that makes me feel light inside.
3. A name which has some kind of significance to it, even if it's not a family name (which a lot of my names are in some capacity) the name must be meaningful.
4. Will age well.
6. The name must have a saint in it somewhere, what can I say I'm Catholicttc#1
sullivan lewis ♧ fiona rose
finnegan ♧ jameson ♧ cormac ♧ donovan ♧
liadan ♧ anya ♧ catriona ♧ alannah ♧ brigid ♧
June 3rd, 2013 11:05 PM #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
1. Easy to pronounce
2. Easy to spell
3. Good meaning
4. Safe initials
5. Not particularly common or popular
6. Honor family members (middle names can be exact but first names should be slightly different or with a different nickname)
7. Age well
8. Literary or historical reference preferred
9. Flows with surname
10. Sounds okay with potential sibling names
Solomon Thor *Solo*, Jeffrey Scott *Free*, & Orison Jack *Ori* < (Dad's name is Jeffrey Thor *Jeff*, Orison means prayer, Solomon means peace, Jack is both of my grandfathers' names)
Ottilie Margaret *Tilly*, Vada Katherine, & Linnea Jean < (Mom's name is Margaret, Katherine is a friend of mine who died and Kathryn is my cousin, Linnea is Swedish like my family, Jean is after Nana Dean, Grandma Mary Joan, Auntie Jan, Aunt Jenny, and Grandpa Jack EugeneCurrent Favorite Combos (not necessarily all of my favorite names):
Alba Jolene, Avia Merrick, Hazel Deanna, Jovie Wren, Kendra Elise, Lux Athena, Margo Wren, Oona Lorene, Phoebe Alexis
Ansel Gregory, Byron Robert, Ford Jeffrey, Lyle Prescott, Seaton Leo, Solomon Jack *Solo*