Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Stuck like glue.

Hi 'Berries!

So I generally hang out on the Girl's Names forum and the Mom's forum... but now that I'm finally actually preggo too, I've kinda realized that I should probably come up with a solid list of boy's names also! I've been fascinated by names since about the age of 10 (and I'm, ahem, 34 now) - but it's always been girl's names only for some reason. I don't find boy's names interesting or exciting in the least.

So needless to say, we need help. We'll be having our anatomy scan on July 16th and we'll be hearing boy or girl at that time. We already have a solid girl's list, now we need the boys too. Here are the few boys names that hubby and I both like (we seem to mostly favor Irish or Gaelic?):

Kieran, Callum, Kellan, Kian, Rhys, Westley. MN will be Robert as a tribute to both of our fathers. Last name is very Dutch and starts with "van den"... so I'm also worried because most of our favorite boy's names also seem to end in the -an sound! So what are your faves or what would you suggest based on our list?

Thank you so much!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I like Callum and Westley.

What about Edward, Luca, Wolf, Theo, Zane...
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I like Kallen, Kian, Rhys (though I slightly prefer Reece), and Westley (though I slightly prefer Weston or West on it's own). Some other ideas: Stellan, George, Quinn, Finn / Finnegan / Finlay / Finbarr, Joachim, Cullen, Patrick, Vincent, Logan, Henry, Gallagher, Neil, Niall, Dara, Cormaz, Conan, Redmund, Rowan, Shea, Tagdh? Hope these have given you some ideas.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Thanks for the suggestions! I do absolutely love Stellan... but I worry about the -an ending with our last name. I'm wondering what Berries think, is that an issue or not a concern...? For example: Kieran van den ____t. To my hear, that's a lot of "n" sounds. But all of my favorite boys names end in N!!!

Finn is another one, tho I know about 4 other baby boy Finn's right now. Ugh, I don't get why I find girl names so easy and boy names so hard. Hmpf!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

The 'an' sound is fine, I actually think it adds some extra rhythm/flow to the name. Consistency, I guess.

Seamus
    Curran
    Dashiel
    oliver
    Ezekiel
    Heath
    Terrence
    Calvin
    Gideon
    Alaric
    Drake
    Gerard
    Cooper
    Warren
    Grant
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.