Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Girl name "Kesa" thoughts and perceived pronunciation?

Hello, I've never posted here before, and I was wondering what others think of the name Kesa? Kesa is an anagram of a family surname that will not live on, but I would like to preserve the name in a modern way. I have one child with a top 50 name, and have never gravitated towards unusual names before. I am a teacher, and choosing a name that is easily pronounced is important for me.

I know a Jesa (JES-uh), so I'd guess KES-uh for Kesa. My BF just reminded me that we also know a Kena (KEN-uh), which reinforces KES-uh for me.

ETA, for thoughts: I like the sentiment behind it, but I'm not sure if I like the name or if I'm pronouncing it correctly.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

I would pronounce it KES-uh. I think it would typically be pronounced that way, too. It's an interesting name. I like the thought behind it.

My first thought was KES-uh, too.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I would pronounce like Tessa with a K. It may be assumed to be a misspelling of Kesha and does come across as a made up name but the story behind it may make it worth it.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.