Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vienna sausage? Can't say i've ever heard of that one hahaha! Geneva is nice. I'm from Sydney Australia so I can't get behind 'Sydney' but I love that others love it I've always liked Holland too.

Quote Originally Posted by erinm View Post
    Vienna sausage? Can't say i've ever heard of that one hahaha! Geneva is nice. I'm from Sydney Australia so I can't get behind 'Sydney' but I love that others love it I've always liked Holland too.
    I'm in a similar boat - I love the name Adelaide, but I live in Adelaide, so naming a child Adelaide would be weird. However, I like Sydney!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    I'm in a similar boat - I love the name Adelaide, but I live in Adelaide, so naming a child Adelaide would be weird. However, I like Sydney!
    Same here! I got enough comments about naming our daughter Elizabeth. People always ask if she was named after the suburb! She was named after my Grandma so I seriously wonder what people are thinking when they ask if we named her after the suburb! I also like the name Victoria but I think us having an Elizabeth and Victoria would be too much for people to handle, haha
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I just posted on another thread that my all-time favorite girl's name is Holland. But I went and married a Dutch guy, with a very Dutch last name, and we're probably going to end up living there in the next few years. So it's pretty out of the question!!! I'm so bummed to have to let it go!

I do love place names in general though, my others: Ireland, Dakota (girl), Camden (tho this one's been killed for me by celeb's using it), Aspen, Indiana, London.

I think Vienna is fantastic but I do have to agree with what chicamerlin said above, it strikes me as very feminine and frilly and not a name that would work on any girl.

ETA: Oh and I had a love affair with Paris back in the early 90's, thought it was the most beautiful, sophisticated name in the world - and thought I was the only one who would have ever thought to use it! Then Paris Hilton came onto the scene and thoroughly crushed that one to bits. Such a shame because I think it's an incredibly lovely name - if you can remove her association from it. Maybe in another decade??
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by cvdutch31 View Post
    ETA: Oh and I had a love affair with Paris back in the early 90's, thought it was the most beautiful, sophisticated name in the world - and thought I was the only one who would have ever thought to use it! Then Paris Hilton came onto the scene and thoroughly crushed that one to bits. Such a shame because I think it's an incredibly lovely name - if you can remove her association from it. Maybe in another decade??
    *Sigh* I have Parisa (Pah-ree-sa), a Persian name meaning "like an angel", on my list. However, I'm quite worried people will still link it with Paris Hilton. I'm also a fan of Vienna and Geneva. Augusta is also pretty cool...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina