Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Serafina and Fiora: What do I do with these crushes?

Over the past couple of days, I've really fallen in love with Serafina and Fiora. I love their feminine, fiery imagery, and I can see them being anything from countess in London to a ballerina on a stage to a quiet bookworm. I had liked Seraphina for a while, but I just finished this amazing novel about a viscountess in London who was essentially a girl Sherlock Holmes, and she totally made me fall in love with Serafina. And Fiora... it sort of smooshes my favorite parts of Fiona (Fio!) and Flora (ora!) together, and it's so fun to say!

However... I feel like they don't go with my list, at all. Do they? I can't see Serafina or Fiora as a sister to Isabelle, Olivia, Tess, or Charlotte... etc. Could they fit on my list? Or are they better reserved in the MN spot? I've been toying around with Emmeline Fiora, but I'm not sure. What would you pair with Fiora or Serafina?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

What lovely crushes! These are both adorable, frilly but not overly so, and very very beautiful. I've never heard of Fiora before but I can see iit's appeal. A mix between Fiona and Flora, how perfect! And I agree, super fun to say. My vote goes to seraphina though. Would have been a top contender for me too, but alas, didn't go with my sib set at all. However for you, definitely still doable. Seraphina and Tess is the only one that gives me slight pause, but even then it still works and had the S sound to tie both names in.
    As long as Tess has a somewhat long and frilly mn...Tess Felicity was a top contender right?... Then I think your set. Lovely!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

bellarina,

While I still completely adore Felicity and want to use it somewhere as a MN, I'm no longer sure about Tess Felicity. It sounds quite hissy to me. I do like it, though, but I'm leaning more toward Tess Penelope or Tess Elena something or other, in honor of my favorite little person who was just diagnosed with leukemia this week. Maybe Tess Elena Felicity? I'm not sure--I'm ideally trying to narrow my list to ten, but as you can see, my updated list is in my signature, and it's definitely not just 10 names! I can't seem to eliminate anything at this point. :/ Really? Serafina seems so frilly next to something like Catherine or even Isabelle. I think Isabella and Serafina could go, they're Italian and super girly and everything, but Isabelle is more laid-back and not quite so frilly, imo. Realistically, I have no clue where I'd put Serafina. Most of my favorite FNs are quite long, so something like Olivia Serafina or Emmeline Serafina or Charlotte Serafina just seem too much, especially considering that I'd add a second MN to honor family.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Does it matter too much if they don't fit in with your current list? Chances are you won't have a need for all names on your list, just a few absolute favourites. Serafina and Fiora may seem strange with a Charlotte or Tess, but together they'd make sense. And maybe your love for these names show that your tastes may be starting to change a little. My own list seems to be ever evolving!

I can see Serafina and Fiora as sisters. Maybe you should put it in the middle spot? I would keep Fiora.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country