Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I like both of your intended names! How do you pronounce Ione?
    Baby girl K.A.
    Born September 2013

Guilty pleasures: Anastasia Isadora/Isidore Nicodemus Persephone Darrow Opaline Aurelia Chloe Mirabel Camelia Theodore Eugenia

Quote Originally Posted by sixpomegranateseeds View Post
    I like both of your intended names! How do you pronounce Ione?
    Thank you. We will be pronouncing it Eye-Owe-nee. It's a family name. It's a name I've wanted to use for a very long time.

Is anyone else here starting to feel complete exhaustion during this final stretch? I can barely get off the sofa after a day at work or out and about. I am hoping I get some motivation back before my little sweet one decides to try to make an entrance to the world.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Some good news! I had an appointment yesterday with my midwife and I'm 2cm dilated, which means baby is on his/her way. No contractions yet but she said my cervix (sorry if TMI) has almost completely thinned out. And now, I've just woken to find I've lost my mucous plug. If I had the energy to do a victory dance I sincerely would!

Apart from not quite having names chosen we are totally ready to go and have this baby with us. Fingers crossed the losing the plug will get the ball rolling! Still no contractions but I'm hopeful they'll start soon

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

@sdsurfmama I love your name choices too. I also think Desmond is very handsome.

It's hard for me to get off the couch now too, mostly cause I feel so off-balance. It's definitely harder to do chores around the house. I can't imagine that it will be easier once the baby is here though. I wonder when our place will ever start to be consistently clean again. Probably never. :P

@pinkballerina, that's great news! Good luck and I hope your baby comes soon!

update: The external version didn't work. Baby's butt is stubbornly stuck down where his head is supposed to be. Oh well. There's a very high possibility it's a c-section for me.

@pinkballerina- That is so exciting! You can do things that will gently encourage your birthing to progress. Do things that stimulate oxytocin (love and bonding hormone) production in your body. One of the best ways to promote oxytocin is through touch. Snuggle with your husband. If you feel up to it, even make love. Getting a massage or just a foot massage can help with oxytocin production. Other less amorous activities like eating yummy chocolate or watching a movie or TV show that makes you feel warm and fuzzy work, too. It's the natural form of Pitocin that they'll give you at the hospital, but we produce it all the time. It's a great hormone because it causes us to bond with our husbands/partners and babies, but right now oxytocin can bring on contractions which may turn into true labor. As a side note, nipple stimulation is also very effective at increasing oxytocin levels, but some OB's/other practitioners think it can bring on labor too quickly, so I won't recommend it unless you check with your Doc or midwife first Yay, good luck!

@maltee- that's frustrating....but if baby is healthy, that is the most important thing to focus on. How far along are you? Is there time to think baby will still flip? There are certain techniques you can try at home or in a pool, but if you've tried everything, I don't want to repeat things you've already heard of. Moxibustion (a technique acupuncturists use) has been known to turn breech babies quite successfully. It doesn't involve needles, and it's painless. You're in CO, and there are plenty of L.Ac's in CO. It's something worth thinking about if you're still hoping for a vaginal delivery.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau