Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of Calloway?

with a possible nn Cal? I kind of like the jazz association, but is it too much?

It's grown on me, but not because of the jazz association - of which I have no idea - but because it was the name of a group of children in a book I read, they came from a place called Calloway and so were named "The Calloway Kids". But anyway, I really like it, I think it can work as a name, it may raise a few eyebrows but no more than Destynee might.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Quote Originally Posted by milliemm View Post
    It's grown on me, but not because of the jazz association - of which I have no idea - but because it was the name of a group of children in a book I read, they came from a place called Calloway and so were named "The Calloway Kids". But anyway, I really like it, I think it can work as a name, it may raise a few eyebrows but no more than Destynee might.
    LOL, I sure hope it's not in the same category as Destynee But I'll take a raised eyebrow over an eye roll!

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I'm on the fence about Calloway. I think the association is kind of cool and I like the nickname Cal. For me at least, it's so tied to Cab Calloway, that I would assume that you are a huge fan. Honestly, the first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Calloway" is a big yellow zoot suit. I can't imagine using the name, but I think I would appreciate it on someone else's kid.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I'm conflicted, honestly. Callaway was my great-grandmother's maiden name, and it's been on my list for a long time. It's fun, upbeat, and jazzy, and I love the sound. Calloway is such a rare surname though, and I guess I just don't understand where the interest came from? I'm not opposed to seeing it used, but if it's not in honor of Cab Calloway and it isn't a family name, it's just... incredibly random.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia