Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steampunk Name Help

I am writing a somewhat steampunk story, and I need male and female names. I don't have any specific characters yet, other than the two main characters, a girl whose heart was broken and comes back for revenge on the person who used to be her true love and (of course) the once-was true love.
    Random story idea! I just need a list of female and male steampunk-esque names, and suggestions for the two main characters. No descriptions yet, sorry! Just came up with the idea.

Also, anyone know any good nicknames for a girl named Vermillion?
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Vermillion's nn could be Vemi or Vill...I cannot really help you with the Steampunk names...I looked up Steampunk and honestly am very confused by what exactly it is. But off the top of my head, for a girl, perhaps Elize? (Ee-leez). Elizabeth was a common name in the 19th century, but Elize makes it sound edgy and modern.
    Hope that helped!

Vermillion could be Millie? I guess a Steampunk name would be any older name but with a futuristic or industrial edge? I don't know if I understand what steampunk is beyond an esthetic thing?

Temperance
    Constance
    Theodosia
    Galina
    Flavia
    Violetta
    Elspeth
    Thais
    Wilhelmina
    Philomena
    Gloria
    Fern