Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Not yet, but my sister-in-law gave her babies names that would have been top contenders for me had I been "ready" a few years back.

Samuel Allan
    Naomi Rose

I love names that are pretty/handsome, simple, deep (long history or evocative sense), and fresh. Naomi is pretty much the perfect name to me. Rose is my sister's first name. Samuel is again perfectly balanced IMO, and as my name is Hannah, there is a special connection there as well.

I'm not angry or jealous tho, I'm just happy to see such solid names in our family! I just hope I can do as well as she did when my time comes.

My good friend named her baby Aurora Joy...again that was a name that I had been "saving" (my husband likes it due to the NASA mission, haha!), but I mostly only liked it because my husband did. Now that it's off the list, I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Finally, an acquaintance from college named her baby Temperance Ruth. I think it is pretty much the most perfect name ever. That being said, I'm not sure I'd ever ACTUALLY name my baby that (and even less certain that my husband would agree to it!) so I'm just really happy that she used that named because it is gorgeous.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Not really, most of my friends and family have used super popular, trendy names. Examples of nephews/nieces and friends kids:

Alfie
    Ollie
    Jake
    Ryan

Mia
    Holly
    Sophia
    Emma

The closest I've come to have a friend steal a name is a friend (who isn't pregnant or planning to have babies any time soon) who claimed the name Noah not knowing it was a top contender for us, if we have a boy. It isn't relevant any more because its no longer our top pick but it made me really upset.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

taz, it sucks that happened to you, but now I'm genuinely curious; what's your daughters first name (if that isn't too personal)? After all that trouble you went with Nina, I wonder what you settled on. Simone is lovely mn btw, or maybe I'm just biased because it's my sister's name.
    A 16 year old girl with a penchant for names (◡‿◡✿)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Current Favorites [changes frequently]:
    ♀: Sylvie, Lux, Romy, Ottilie, Maisie, Pearl
    ♂: Leo, Atlas, Ezra, Archer, Beau, Flynn

My grandfather was Walter, and my brother chose it for his son. I admit I'm a tiny bit jealous because I've grown to like it so much more than I ever thought I would. Sometimes I play around with Walter in combos (as a middle name), with the idea that it wouldn't be the end of the world for two cousins to share an honoring name--one as a first name and the other as a middle--but using it would not be worth the potential drama. For the most part, I just let the feeling go and enjoy my nephew and his name because 1) I really do believe names are "first come, first served" and I missed my shot, and 2) my brother and grandfather were closer than my grandfather and I, so it's a more meaningful choice for him.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Quote Originally Posted by erykah200 View Post
    taz, it sucks that happened to you, but now I'm genuinely curious; what's your daughters first name (if that isn't too personal)? After all that trouble you went with Nina, I wonder what you settled on. Simone is lovely mn btw, or maybe I'm just biased because it's my sister's name.
    Leonie! I had some trouble adjusting to a new name. I felt really uncertain for the remainder of my pregnancy and a few months after that...but she couldn't be anyone but Leonie!