Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rose

I think Rose is so lovely as a first name. It's so common as a middle name, but as a first name it's not all that common. At least I don't know any young Rose's. I do know of an elderly woman, but that's it. It really is just a pretty name, and would really fit a person throughout their entire life. I really love the name Rosalie, so I would personally use Rose as a nickname for that, but I love Rose on it's own as well.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 19!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

I am in the same boat as you! I never liked Rose until a few weeks ago. Previously I thought it was plain and quite boring, but not I have realized how pretty it is. Would I ever use it? I don't know. It's gonna be another 12 or more years before I have kids, and I highly doubt the popularity of the name is gonna go down.. Apparently in the US it's almost number 300, and I don't think the popularity of this name will be going under the top 400 or so anytime soon.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

I also used to think Rose was too standard as a name. I still don't like it in the middle but it made its way onto my exclusive first name list. What I love about it is the idea of such a beloved first name paired with a knockout middle like Calliope. Rose Calliope Imogen is my current combo.

I adore Rose! I'm not quite sure what I'd pair it with -- but longer, more unusual choices in the middle sound really nice with the short classic.
    teenberry -- writer -- drama kid
    Current crushes (constantly changing):
    Girls: Thea, Aurelia, Rosalind, Rose, Rowena, Helena, Hermione, Carys, Clio, Cassia, Viola, Lily, Lila, Lucy, Seren, Maia, Mirabel.
    Boys: Miles, James, Jasper, Jude, Graham, Arthur, Oliver, Leo, Lewis, Wesley, Rory, Rowan, Caspian, Silas, Sebastian.

Rose as a first name = Beautiful, classic, elegant, understated, sophisticated, very wearable, recognisable but not trendy, uncommon as a first name.

Rose as a middle name = A bit generic but lovely none the less, sounds good with most names, the Lynn of modern times.

Safe to say I love Rose as a first name

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.