Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rose

Hybrid View

Rose

Recently, my thoughts on Rose changed dramatically, so I decided to see what thoughts other nameberries had on it.

Before, I thought it was too short a first name (I usually go for clunky three-syllable names), and too generic a second name (I think at least half the people of about my age have it). And though I always thought it was quite sweet and lovely, and worked well for flow with most names as a second name, I wouldn't even consider it as a name for a future child.

Except, I got a tad bit addicted to an old show a few weeks ago, in which the love interest is named Rose. After hearing it for about the hundredth time, I got to thinking...it wasn't such a bad first name, in fact, I found it gorgeous.

So, now I'm torn between loving it for being such a lovely sounding name and hating it for being so generic.

What are your thoughts on Rose? Would you give it to your daughter as a first name? A second?

Certainly, I could negotiate and consider using it as a nickname from something like Rosamund (a personal favourite). What are your thoughts on this?

By the way, I'm definitely not expecting. I'm just curious, since I'm very torn over it.
    Just a name-obsessed writer ever-looking for the perfect name.

Daphne | Rowena | Guinivere | Aurora | Delilah | Margaret | Aurelia | Diana | Gwendolyn | Rosamund
    Edmund | Theodore | Joseph | Christian | Benjamin | William | Jonathan | Caspian | Gideon | Sebastian

Personally, i love the name Rose. It's feminine without being frilly, and i like that i can picture a Rose that is the ultimate girly-girl or a tomboy and the name fits either way.

(by the way, what was the show? Doctor Who has a Rose, which increased my love of it, because she's wonderful)
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Oh, I love Rose names. I wouldn't stick Rose in the middle though, unless there were 2 middles. Rose is boring in the middle. It shines as a first name though. So vintage and romantic, I think.
    I love just Rose and longer Rose names like Rosemary, Rosemarie, Rosalie, even Roseanna. I kind of have a thing for double names too. Like Annemarie, so that is also why I love those Rose names. Two names in one! I also love short, one-syllable names.
    Rosalind is my favorite except it doesn't technically have rose in it, and I really don't like Roz at all.

My nan's middle name is rose, I think its a beautiful and classic name that I personally would only ever use as a middle name. A good way to honour nan and probably a good way to balance some of my more "individual" first name loves. I think there is an elegance to its simplicity that is lovely.

I really like Rose as a first name.. (ps is the show Doctor Who, because that is where I decided I liked the name too)! One of my favorites is Rosalie, so I think I would use Rose as a nn.
    I don't think I would use it as a middle name.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla