Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Also posted on boy names forum, but seeking opinions, so have re-posted here...

Okay, I'm feeling anxious about even asking this question in public - if you can consider a baby name forum public, but I need some impartial (and hopefully helpful, constructive) opinions. Baby #3 is due in 4 weeks and we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. The boy name I have become most attached to is Declan. It's also one of the few boy names that my husband and I both have an affinity for. The problem is our last name is Devlin. I'm worried it sounds too jokey and rhyme-y. I don't want my kid to go through life with a name that sounds silly/fake/overly similar.

Our other two kids are Caleb and Zoe and I think Declan fits nicely with them as a sibling name, but I'm really torn about how it sounds with our last name.

Can you tell me what you think?

Suggestions of alternatives are welcome! We're looking for something not too common (no top 20 names) and not too out there either. Also, I prefer shorter names that don't lend themselves to nicknames and are straightforward to spell.

Thank you berries!

I love the name Declan. But Declan Devlin is way too repetitive. I would avoid anything ending in -in/-an/-en. But the De- plus the -an/-in puts it over the top for me. Sorry
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

This is my list and I think we have similar tastes in names... Maybe something will strike the right chord. I think you should avoid "D" names... We avoid "B" names and anything that sounds Italian because of our last name.

Julian
    Cameron
    Miles
    Lincoln
    Camden
    Collin
    Kellen
    Malcolm
    Clinton
    Micah
    Beckett
    Lachlan

Sorry alot of my names have "n" endings... And I just realized a B name ended up on my list...

Declan Devlin sounds too repetitive to me. It's not awful, but it sounds like a stage name. How about:

Caleb, Zoe, and...
    Micah
    Liam
    Peter
    Wyatt
    Seth
    Brady
    Connor
    Grady
    Riley
    Rory
    Finn