Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on DAHLIA?

There's something that I just love about Dahlia. It's so unexpected, unusual and classic all in one. I would pronounce it as Dolly-UH.

Black Dahlia associations aside, what are your thoughts?

What are your favorite nicknames for Dahlia?

How about middle names? - Considered using Annabel after my mother but I'm not sure, I think it's too A heavy. Also considered Marie after my great grandmother.

What would be a good sibling name? Girl and boy

Thanks

I love it, but have heard it pronounced various ways- Dahl ya, Dahl ee ya, Doll ya, Dolly uh...like Natalia.

I think that Dolly is so sweet, but obviously you have to pronounce it Doll ya or Doll ee uh.

Dahlia Marie flows a bit better than Dahlia Annabell. Dahlia Mirabel would be cute!

I really like Dahlia. It's not too popular, but not too weird either. I pronounce it the same as you too. I like it sounds very feminine and will be nice adult name too.
    I don't like Dahlia Annabel. I think you are right, there are too many 'a's. I like Dahlia Marie better.

Sibset- Dahlia and Sadie
    Dahlia and Ellie
    Dahlia and Finley
    Dahlia and Paige
    Dahlia and Sawyer
    Dahlia and Jude
    Dahlia and Marlon
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Taz, the only pronunciation I like is Doll-EE-UH. I think it just depends on where you're from and your accent. I'm not sure if I like Dolly as a nn because it automatically makes me think of Dolly Parton. No thanks lol. I do however like just Doll. A friend of mine suggested Lia which I think is sweet. And I love your mn suggestion of Mirabel. It flows rather well and is a very pretty name. Thanks for your input

My favorite of the flower names. Honestly, it's the only one I like. It's exotic but not weird and all the variations in pronunciation aren't really all that different from each other, at least to my ear. I would use it in a heartbeat.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14