yes
    no
    no
    no
    yes
    yes
    Jules
    yes

Love it. I met a little Julian last night and complimented his mother on her choice. Such a liquid, delicious name.
    It's recognizably masculine. I think it has a bit of art-star swagger to it, actually.

I don't think Julian is particularly feminine. Like previous posters said, it's a well-established boys' name. I really like it--it sounds noble to me. One of my best friends is a Julian, and he's never encountered any teasing problems that I know of. I don't think it needs a nickname, but you can always use Jules, Jude, or even Ian.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I feel that naming a boy Julian would be like naming a boy Ashley--technically a boy's name, but nowadays...no. Kids are mean. They will tease him, I believe. Perhaps it could be a middle name? Sorry, just my opinion.

I really like the name Julian, not enough to have ever used it but I find it to be dashing, masculine, and it reminds me of Julian McMahon (what a stud he is). I'd obviously never use it though, with my daughter's name being Julia! I prefer Julian without any nicknames.

I've never seen or heard of Julian on a girl! I have seen Julianne and Juliana but never Julian.

I'd never hesitate to use any name based on its similarity to the similar girl names. Like other posters have said - Julian is a very common boys name and there aren't any of the feminine versions anywhere close to being as popular.

No, I honestly do not think a male Julian would be teased because of his name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I know of a Julian who goes by Jules.... It works for him, but in general my feeling is that it is quite feminine sounding.
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Bennett, Ciaran, Elijah, Elliott, Emmett, Finnegan, Grayson, Harrison, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren