Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adelaide vs. Adalyn?

Do you prefer Adelaide or Adalyn for a girl? Also, I definitely like the Adelaide spelling best, but I'm not sure about the Adalyn spelling! Which way would you spell it?

Adalyn
    Adalynn
    Addalyn
    Adelyn
    Adelynn
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

I much prefer Adelaide. It's a strong but feminine name with a history to back it up. It has a lot going for it: vintage charm and majestic connection (Queen of England), a place name and a beautiful nn Adele. Adalyn/Adelyn is VERY trendy in all of its spellings. It's just Madelyn without the "M". Most parents choose it because of the sound. I would avoid it like the plague. I also like Adeline.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree that Adelaide is a much more classic choice, but I do not like the nickname Adele, and without a cutesy nickname, it seems like too big of a name for a child to live up to... Im not a huge fan of Addy either. I do like Adelyn, even though it is Madelyn without the M, but you said you liked Adeline, which is just Madeline without the M.
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

I like Adelaide but I'd pick Adeline over Adelyn.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I like Adelaide the best, and my second favorite would be Adeline.
    Caroline...Natalia...Juliet...Colette...Marina
    Thomas...Benjamin...Leo...Samuel