Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adelaide vs. Adalyn?

Do you prefer Adelaide or Adalyn for a girl? Also, I definitely like the Adelaide spelling best, but I'm not sure about the Adalyn spelling! Which way would you spell it?

Adalyn
    Adalynn
    Addalyn
    Adelyn
    Adelynn
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

I much prefer Adelaide. It's a strong but feminine name with a history to back it up. It has a lot going for it: vintage charm and majestic connection (Queen of England), a place name and a beautiful nn Adele. Adalyn/Adelyn is VERY trendy in all of its spellings. It's just Madelyn without the "M". Most parents choose it because of the sound. I would avoid it like the plague. I also like Adeline.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree that Adelaide is a much more classic choice, but I do not like the nickname Adele, and without a cutesy nickname, it seems like too big of a name for a child to live up to... Im not a huge fan of Addy either. I do like Adelyn, even though it is Madelyn without the M, but you said you liked Adeline, which is just Madeline without the M.
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

I like Adelaide but I'd pick Adeline over Adelyn.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I like Adelaide the best, and my second favorite would be Adeline.
    Caroline...Natalia...Juliet...Colette...Marina
    Thomas...Benjamin...Leo...Samuel