Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink To know or not to know - that is the question!

So, we can find out whether the Bump is a boy or girl and can't decide what to do!

I kind of want to be surprised and he kind of wants to know - and both of these stem more from naming Bump as much as anything else. Of course, everyone asks if its a boy or a girl. Its easy now to say we don't know but we want to make a decision about this together.

He apparently would like to know if its a boy or a girl, pick a name and start using it. This just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me. I asked him what we would do if the baby came and didn't look like a Bennett or a Violet for example. He stared at me as if I had grown another head.

I want to be surprised, go in with a couple of wonderful names for each sex and decide when we see have our baby in our arms.

What our your opinions? This is our first one so we may be setting a precedent.

I haven't had a baby yet, but my good friend has! Her husband wanted it to be a surprise and she wanted to know, so they decided to find out but had a gender reveal party. They went in for her appointment to determine the sex, they closed their eyes and the lady told my friend's mother what the sex was. My friend's Mom baked a cake with chocolate icing and then when they cut into it it was pink so they found out it was a girl! They have decided to do another gender reveal differently this time with their second baby who is due later this year.

Hope this helps!

Don't find out!!!!
    We didn't and so glad we waited makes the labour and birth worth it!
    Plus theres not many surprises in life!
    babynamelover.wordpress.com

We found out because we both wanted to. I am the type of person who likes to sneakily open presents before Christmas, I don't like surprises.
    I'm glad I did as i felt I had a better bond knowing it was a girl. Especially as I had thought she was a boy at the beginning and it took awhile to get my head around the fact she was a girl. (After the fact i even brought a few blue things because they can be wrong and people kept saying I had a boy shaped bump).
    I think it depends on you. I don't know anyone who's been disappointed with either desicion.

We found out with Astoria & Matteo, but with Reverie & Juniper we didn't. I prefer to find out the gender but my husband wanted them to be a surprise to I went with it. I liked the surprise element, but knowing the gender made it easier to buy clothes and decorate the nursery because we knew what the gender was. Reverie & Juniper's nurseries were both pretty plain and then we personalized it afterwards according to their gender but I liked having it all prepared and ready for them! I also think it makes the naming less stressful because you only have to come up with names for one gender.

It's really your choice though, obviously. Some people like to find out and some people dont.
    Mum to 4.