Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Main Trio Names

Wink Main Trio Names

Hi guys! I'm writing (at least I'm planning) a fantasy novel set in another land. My three main characters still lack a name though, so I thought that it was time it hook them up with one. My ideas for the lead trio are:

Saskia: She's petite and small in stature, but there's nothing tiny about her personality. She's feisty, intelligent and beautiful in a mysterious kind of way. She has a strong sense of justice and will always stand up fro what she believes in. However, Saskia has spent her childhood being taunted and teased so she is slow to trust and judges quickly. She also sometimes is rash and acts on emotion rather than logic. Saskia is a storyteller and a dreamer.

Ty (Tiberius) Whatever you do, do not call Ty by his full name. He is the heir to the throne and has been trained to be the best swordsman in the land. Ty's been educated by the best scholars and is loved by his people. However, he's always lived by rules and is quite a pragmatist. He has a dark secret that could turn his country against him if it is ever revealed.

Raffin: Ty's best friend since, well forever really. He was born in what is called 'the most useless province in the land', was orphaned at a young age and then adopted by the ignorant King. He is quite the opposite to Ty, really, and is known for his potions and lateral thinking. He's constantly fidgeting, designing and inventing. However, he second-guesses himself as he has always been seen as Ty's shadow and his birthplace seems a burden. He is determined to prove them wrong.

So...what do you think? Do the names suit the character's personality? Are the personalities okay, or are they too flawless? This is just a rough sketch, of course, but I need suitable names for my characters to grow from.

Thanks

I think the whole thing sounds fantastic!! The names are intriguing and fit together well, while still being different enough from each other. I think the basic personalities sound really good too, and the names make sense with the descriptions. the personalities are a bit "flawless", but they will change as you write and you have to decide how the characters must react to situations. Overall I think its great!
    Current Favorites:
    { Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassia" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Rosalie Nicole :: Catalina "Cate" Lucy }
    { Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony :: Everett Cole }

I think the characters are great! Quirk and flaws in the characters will come out as you right, such as a temper or a dirty secret (you've already got one of those!) I think they're absolutely fine...and I love the names!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I think your names are great! Saskia does seem kinda flawless, not to the point of Mary Sue, but still. Otherwise you're good to go. Good luck!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Like I said, don't worry about flawless-ness. I started a story that was going to be about a laughing clock and turned into a boarding-school-turned-prison. Stories and characters develop and change all the time; some flaws will emerge eventually.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski