Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation 36 weeks... and a Hugo? Help!!!

Hello everyone,
    I'm relatively new to nameberry (this is only my second post), but I find that the advice given on these boards is usually spot-on and I could really use some help! I'm due with my second (team green) in 4 weeks(!) and we've really struggled with names this time around. The suggestions I got on my last post were great but nothing really fit. My almost-3yo is Elias Tadeusz- a name that suits him perfectly (Tadeusz being a Polish family name).

The one boy-name that has caught my attention recently is Hugo... but I don't know if I love it. Is it too nerdy? Is there too much potential for teasing? Is it too much of a mouthful (if that makes any sense)? If we do decide to go with it, his name would be Hugo Lukasz (Polish for Luke/Lucas) last name starts with F and rhymes with better).

So I guess what I'm asking is:
    What are your thoughts on Hugo?
    Does it go well with Elias?
    What other suggestions do you have? We still want more first names to take to the hospital (middle name, Lukasz, is not set in stone either), so please, throw all your ideas at me!

If it helps, the 2 main contenders for girl-names are Sabine and Evangeline.

Thanks for helping calm down a neurotic, pregnant, and very name-stressed mama!

I think Hugo is a fantastic name, with a fantastic meaning, and I think it would accompany Elias fantastically (a different 'style', but work well next to each other). Hugo Lukasz is a fantastic combo.

Some other first name suggestions:

Lucas/Lukasz (if your considering it as a MN, what about as a FN?-- or one of the other names that sounds similar to it-- Lucian, Lucius, Luca, Lucan, etc)

Names with a prominent 'O' sound (like Hugo):
    Arlo
    Milo
    Leo
    Roland
    Jonah
    Boman
    Owen
    Bowen
    Oisin/Ossian
    Osias
    Solomon
    Olin
    Philo
    Ramon
    Boaz
    Roscoe
    Bodhi
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

How could Hugo be thought of as nerdy? It's a very strong name yet has a romantic vibe. Elias & Hugo make a great pair and Lukasz is a great mn

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I like Elias and Hugo together, they make a terrific sibset! I definitely do not think it's too much of a mouthful or that it is nerdy.

I also think they're great together. Congrats!
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina