Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: 3 L Names! Which is the best?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Layla

27 36.99%
  • Lilah

42 57.53%
  • Leighton

4 5.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Out of the three with their spellings as is, I like Layla best. I vastly prefer Lila without the h as it looks unnecessary to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by raptreverie View Post
    I prefer Lilah. It may be getting more popular, but it's so lush and romantic. I do prefer it with the 'h', as I believe it helps indicate the pronunciation (i.e. lye-luh versus li-luh). To me, Lilah feels a bit more sophisticated than Layla. I'm not a fan of Leighton.
    I agree! Something about Lilah just comes off as classier that Layla. Leighton seems trendy/soon to be dated.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

My preference would of the names would have to be:
    1. Lilah - although I prefer the spelling Lila, I would say that this one is probably getting the most popular, so if that bothers you then I wouldn't use it.
    2. Layla - This is a pretty name, has the L and two syllables that you like and is less popular than Lila(h)
    3. Leighton - This one is definitely not my style, I agree with pp that it is a little on the trendy side

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bre View Post
    Out of the three with their spellings as is, I like Layla best. I vastly prefer Lila without the h as it looks unnecessary to my eyes.
    Same. #1 is Lila, #2 Layla, #3 Lilah, #4 Leighton.
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

'Something about Lilah just comes off as classier that Layla.'

Agreed! unfortunately that would probably make poor leighton the least classy.
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.