Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Joseph Arthur (nickname Ari) too complicated?

I have posted about trying to use a different nickname for our son due in 4 weeks He will be named Joseph Arthur. I was thinking Joss or Seph to avoid Joe/Joey but not really feeling it. However I was just thinking Arthur with the nickname Ari is so cute. I have always liked Ari.

I have to use Joseph as the first name and Arthur is his grandfathers middle name (and the share initials JAG) and great-great grandfathers first name.ng

Also his Hebrew name will be Yosef something so maybe : Yosef Ariel or Ariel Yosef

I really like Ari but maybe it is too complicated? What do you think?
    Mommy to
    Noah William,
    Elianna (Ella) Beatrice and
    Joseph (Joss) Arthur

It makes perfect sense to me. I know several people who go by a nickname for their middle name.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Yes, too complicated. I would call him Joseph. So much nicer than any of the nicknames.

I would just use Arthur Joseph, but my other two have their Hebrew names as a first name and a family name as the second. I don't want to break the tradition even though I really like Arthur Joseph
    Mommy to
    Noah William,
    Elianna (Ella) Beatrice and
    Joseph (Joss) Arthur

I know you've struggled with Joseph and the nn Joe, so I think going by Arthur nn Ari is great. Some people may not "get" it, but Joseph Arthur nn Ari works fine, and it's no more of a stretch than a Maya Isobel going by Bella or something, imo. If you love it, I think it really works.