Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Blast from the past!

My sister is rearranging our room this week and I came across one of my old diaries. I was reminiscing (btw, fifth grade Ashley had the worst, most awkward grammar ever, lol!), and came across a list of names I had written even back then. I didn't even think I kept a name list, but apparently I did!

Elisa May
    Hazel Anne
    Cassia Sarah
    Kathleen Ellen
    Kathryn Jennifer
    Kristiana Kate
    Hailee Laura
    Abigail Jane
    Jason Samuel
    Jerry Nathan (what?! Jerry wasn't even cool when I was a little kid, haha, I honestly don't know where I saw the appeal in this!)
    Rachel Elsie
    Susan Priscilla

It's interesting to see the names that I still love and the trends I grew out of! Elisa, Hazel, Catherine, Samuel, and Rachel are still quite huge favorites of mine, and I still quite like Cassia and Abigail. Awkwardly enough, I don't ever remember loving Elsie, Susan, or Priscilla, and I quite hate Kathleen now. Jason doesn't surprise me at all, though--I still love it, and its meaning, and would probably consider it more if it weren't so dated. Abigail was my first favorite girls' name.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. What names did you like when you were little?

Wow, Ashley - what a great list you had for a 5th grader! I love Elisa May, Abigail Jane, and even Jason Samuel.

My daughter is in 5th grade now, and she loves Grace Catherine and Caroline Anne for a girl. She likes Jacob for a boy, she says.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan

As a kid/teen my favs started with Elizabeth then Althea, Oceana. I also liked Scarlett, Alice, Elspeth

I prob wont be using any of these names in the end :/ I do like Scarlett as a middle name still, but now i have to compromise with the other half he hates the name..

Not a bad list at all for fifth grade! Although I did giggle at Jerry Nathan..

Fifth grade...I know I liked Toby and Cory for boys, lol. Probably the era of Bianca, Suzanne, and Dakota for girls.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13