Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Congrats Ottilie, your boyfriend and Roo for picking such a wonderful name! I absolutely love both combos, though I would pick Aphrodite Marian Illyria. Marian's beginning as well as ending with a consonant makes it clear where the other names start and end; the "e" in Aphrodite runs into the "i" in Illyria a bit. Normally I don't really care about initials but AIME and AMIE are both so sweet! (I'm taking French at school so I noticed right away)

It must feel so great to be [almost] there!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I LOVE Marian!! It's such a wonderful choice and you're right I think it holds its own with Aphrodite but compliments rather than competes with her! Marian is so grounding and strong yet romantic too... I think of maid Marian from Robin Hood first and foremost and also beautiful actress Marion Coutillard from 'La Vie en Rose'. What a gorgeous name for your little Amie Roo!!! I would go with Aphrodite Marion Illyria!

Aphrodite Illyria Marian

fits into trochees, which I love the poetry of...so glad you kept Illyria, and Marian is a gorgeous pairing!
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

BEAUTIFUL!! Amazing choices. You are so close to the end of the thrilling naming journey, ottillie.
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    At first I preferred Aphrodite Illyria Marian, because Illyria ripples along and Marian has a settling quality that's nice at the end of a name.
    This is exactly what I wanted to say, I couldn't have worded it near as well.
    Then, as I read the rest of your post, and repeated the names, I changed my mind. Aphrodite Marian Illyria is perfect. I like how Marian in the middle throws it off a little, makes you blink and smile. In my mind, this way makes Aphrodite stand out more, and each name is totally its own, yet they work harmoniously together to create a tumbling waterfall of colour and lilt. I love the balance of it (I know I said Marian in the middle spot throws it off, but I don't mean in an unbalanced way), with whimsical Aphrodite and Illyria being separated by the more heard-of Marian....
    AND, when you said that about "amie" being your favourite French word.... Love it too. Oooh sounds perfect. But, either way, you won't regret it.
    debating which is better Truth/True/Truly Truth/True/Truly

Marian is a great 'normal' choice to throw in the mix! Aphrodite Marian Illyria would be my preference. I think the syllable count sounds better, plus the 'a' sound from Illyria is a little further away from the 'a' sounds in Marian, which I think also makes the flow better. Plus you get the initials you prefer (AMIE), which is another nice bonus. I'm really glad you went with Marian, that is a phenomenal choice to go along with the whole name, it's 'normal', but also stands out as a very strong name on it's own, makes it so there are no 'filler' feeling middle names or anything. Every name stands strong alone and works together well in unity. Perfect.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...