Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I am still so deeply attached to Illyria, so I'll try to come up with some normal-as-possible-yet-still-magical ideas to round out the combo. I think Wren, Laurel, Rose, and Olivia match this description the best, although I find Rose completely incongruous with the imagery.

Aphrodite Illyria Eve - the new Pandora?
    Aphrodite Illyria Isobel
    Aphrodite Illyria Phoebe
    Aphrodite Illyria Selene - so silky! I love it
    Aphrodite Illyria Faye
    Aphrodite Illyria Marion
    Aphrodite Illyria Meredith - love the pithy sound, the nautical meaning, and the lilting 4-4-3 meter

Weren't Elaine and Louise on your list of normal names?

Nautical green/blue oceanic magic:
    Ondine
    Nerissa (my favorite of those previously mentioned)
    Oceane
    Yseult
    Waverly (literal, I know, but I loved it paired with Morgana and Zephyrine)
    Morgana/Morgaine/Morwenna
    Cordelia
    Melusine
    Nimue
    Serena/Seren

It's always so hard for me to come up with "normal" names. I guess I have both feet firmly planted in Midsummer Night's Dream-land
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I think Aphrodite is so lovely!

Here are some suggestions:

Achlys (ak-liss: Greek Mythology: death mist. A being before even Chaos. Perhaps better for future little Circe.)
    Frida (peaceful)
    Iolanthe (violet flower)

Some combinations:

Aphrodite Illyria Mazarine
    Aphrodite Frida Iolanthe

Gwen; yay, a fellow out-creeped-by-dolphiner! Aphrodite Nerissa Delphine and Miranda Willow are beautiful, thank you!!

Emma; I do like Aphrodite Stella Maris! Pretty cool. Thanks!

Blade; good advice, and I like Aphro-D, haha! Cool nickname.

Amy; those two are in the very top. So nice...

Moon; yes, we'll see. Right now I'm mourning Illyria, but we'll see what we can do. I like Viola Rose!

Bonfire; I like Melia Florence! Very pretty, thank you!

Kathryn; I don't know, probably as a middle. I like more substantial first names. Miranda Willow is beautiful.

Gigi; I love the Charis Illyria one too. If I can convince the dude...

tfzolghadr; thanks! The Cressida combos are pretty romantic. Something about that name...

Vintage; thank you! I really like Lucy Miranda, so sweet!

Fern; thank you so much

c@29; yeah, the dream thing is kind of haunting me. Something in me wants me to use that one...

Reverie; thanks for your thoughts, and, yes, Elaine would be nice to have in there somewhere. Aphrodite Cressida Elaine?

Sesshie; I think my feet are in that land too, this is ridiculously hard. We've been trying to make combos today, and I keep on suggesting Ondine and the likes as normal names. Someone's a bit frustrated with me. I love Aphrodite Illyria Meredith, I'm drooling over here. I love your suggestion of Morgana, Yseult, Nimue, Oceane and Seren! I'll see what I can do... and thank you, sweets!

Irms; thank you! Frida's my sister's middle name, I think it's gorgeous, but can't use that one. Achlys is cool, but not for this baba! Iolanthe is very pretty though. Thanks!

Names on the rickety table:
    Aphrodite Charis Illyria
    Aphrodite Cressida Ondine
    Aphrodite Cressida Rose
    Aphrodite Cressida Willow
    Aphrodite Illyria Clemency
    Aphrodite Illyria Meredith
    Aphrodite Illyria Vanessa
    Aphrodite Iris Vanessa
    Aphrodite Miranda Clemency
    Aphrodite Nerissa Clemency
    Aphrodite Nerissa Illyria
    Aphrodite Stella Maris
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I am sad to think that you have lost Aphrodite Miranda Laurel/Willow.

Are you still looking for green blue style names? If you want Rose then I guess we are just going for pink (which is gorgeous by the way) Aphrodite Illyria Rose is a good combo although it doesn't meet bfriend's criteria.

rollo xx

PS Love Aphrodite Cressida Rose
    Last edited by rollo; June 2nd, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

I like the connection between Aphrodite and roses, and Cressida has been a one of my name loves ever since I had one as my babysitter (with a brother named Orpheus!) way back in the day. Aphrodite Cressida Rose gets my vote easily.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra