Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Aphrodite Illyria Rose gets my vote

Just out of curiosity, what will you do if you feel she no longer suits Aphrodite in a couple of months, or her spirit changes?

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

My favorites:

Aphrodite Illyria Celeste
    Aphrodite Illyria Rose
    Aphrodite Tabitha Wren
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline, Catherine, Jane, Rose
    James, Liam, Luke, Patrick

Congratulations on solidifying the first name!

As far as middle names go, I really like Illyria, so if you can keep that one around, I think it'd be pretty great. I also like the idea of using Rose, as it associates to her original first name (and I like Rose quite a bit more than Rosen, not such a fan of that one). I also like the idea of having one of the MNs be a bit shorter (such as Rose), since Aphrodite and Illyria are both quite long.

Thus, my top choice for you would be Aphrodite Illyria Rose

However, since your dude likes the idea of using two more 'normal' middle names (and I do see the logic in this request, with Aphrodite), if the two of you decide to go this route, I like (I'm not the biggest fan of Tabitha, and though I really like Celeste, I don't like it together with Aphrodite as much.):

Aphrodite Nerissa Willow (have you ever considered Nashira?)
    Aphrodite Cressida Wren
    Aphrodite Olivia Wren
    Aphrodite Sylvia Rose

I quite like the second MN being either Willow, Wren or Rose.

Good luck with this! I'm really looking forward to hearing what you decide to go with!
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I agree that you need a second middle that’s clear, but not heavy or mundane. Right now, my favorites are:

Aphrodite Illyria Celeste - The S and T sounds are like a squeeze of lime into bubbly A.I.

Aphrodite Illyria Rose - Rose really comes alive in this combination. I like how earthy Rose can feel when paired with something strong, rather than the usual Juliet/Evangeline etc. I think of Aphrodite as powerfully feminine, not frilly, and I feel the same way about roses.

Aphrodite Illyria Clemency - This is gorgeous with a monosyllabic last name that sounds like Els. I like that Clemency is a departure from the ocean imagery of the rest of the name. It feels somehow old-fashioned and British to have a Greek goddess and a virtue name side by side.

Aphrodite Illyria Laurel
    The double R/L sounds aren’t ideal, but I still really enjoy the sound, and I like the idea of using this simple, striking name that came to you in a dream. Laurel makes me think of deep green mountains, cliffs, upward movement, wind. But not so much wind as to blow the name off-center.

Willow on the other hand is so windy that she and Illyria create a storm of leaves. Illyria and Willow *sound* nice together, but I find the pairing redundant in terms of its fluid-bendy-leafy-windy imagery.

I do like Rosen, though my first thought was of the Rosenbergs. Sounds like it's meaningful to you.
    Lettice personalizes the name too, but it’s way too close to lettuce for me, at least visually.

My favorites of your other first middles:
    Miranda - Substantial, Shakespearean, sleek, makes me think of the sea.
    Cressida - Green and blue, cresting waves. But Cressida was rather a sad character...

Tabitha - plays nicely with the Ts in Aphrodite. I (like a previous poster) see campfires and patchwork quilts, not quite the feeling you were going for.
    Nerissa - Very on-the-nose with the Botticelli imagery, but a lovely watery name. I like the Ss.

Aphrodite Miranda Laurel
    Aphrodite Miranda Idunn
    Aphrodite Miranda Selene
    Aphrodite Miranda Celeste
    Aphrodite Cressida Willow
    Aphrodite Cressida Laurel
    Aphrodite Nerissa Willow

I remember you liked Rosebay. It’s unusual yet simple. A nice mix of Rose and Laurel (bay) with some wateriness thrown in.
    Aphrodite Illyria Rosebay.

I'm no help at all, there's so many lovely names flying around the thread but Nerissa is the one that really caught my eye. It's lovely
    Aurora, Elena, Verity, Astrid, Annabelle, Evangeline, Lucia, Iris, Thea, Vivian, Ariana, Genevieve, Seren, Clio, Vera

Michael, Dexter, Zachary, Dylan, Max, Alexander, Cole, Adam, Ethan, Caleb, Thomas, Elliott, Matthew, Fox, James