Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which middle do you like best for Catherine?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ophelia

22 31.43%
  • Octavia

14 20.00%
  • Ottilia

9 12.86%
  • Aurelia

25 35.71%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ophelia, Octavia, Ottilia, or Aurelia?

I have just a little over a month til my due date, so I think it's about time to settle on a middle name for Catherine if this bub is a girl. I asked DH about it last night, and he said he's fine with all of the choices, so he's leaving the final decision up to me. Now, if he had decided that earlier, I would have chosen Catherine Ophelia without a second thought, but I've spent most of this pregnancy thinking that he probably wouldn't agree to Ophelia in the end that I've really fallen in love with the other three options, too!

The four choices are:

Catherine Ophelia
    Catherine Octavia
    Catherine Ottilia
    Catherine Aurelia

I know his top choice is still Aurelia. Judging the names on their own, Aurelia is my second favorite behind Ophelia, but I'm stuck on the idea of an "O" name for Catherine's middle for some reason. Octavia is second on both our lists and would probably be the best compromise, but I worry I might regret not using Ophelia when I had the chance. As for Ottilia, it's the newest name on the list and hubby's least favorite of the bunch (although he does like it), yet I just can't seem to give it up... Can I just pull a Uma and call her Catherine Ophelia Octavia Ottilia Aurelia? No?

Yeah, not an option.

Help me out, Berries! Which name do you think we should use? Thank you!
    Last edited by mega_muffin; May 30th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I love the name Octavia.

I personally don't think you could go wrong with any of these names. They are all positively lovely.

The meaning of a name is important to me. With that in mind:

Catherine (pure):

Ophelia (help)
    Octavia (eighth)
    Ottilia (prosperous in battle)
    Aurelia (gold)

I voted for Aurelia because who doesn't want to be: pure gold.

In order of my favorites:

Aurelia/Ophelia (I have an unfair bias with Ophelia though)
    Octavia/Ottilia

Again, I don't think you could go wrong with any.

I voted for Ophelia, but I also LOVE Octavia and Aurelia.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I absolutely love Catherine Ophelia. Go with your heart and try not to over-think it (haha, easier said than done I know!)! Ophelia flows well and is so feminine and sophisticated. And it's unique so if your baby girl decides she isn't crazy about Catherine (you know how most of us go thru a "I want to be UNIQUE" phase in our teens), she would have a very unique middle to use as well!

But all of your choices are beautiful, great name picks!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!