Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Random questions about Emmett, Beckett, Declan

My husband and I like both these names, but have concerns about them.

Emmett- I know it's a boy name but does it seem girly to you? We worry about the Emm part of it and worry he will get called Emmy or something girly like that. It just seems so close to girly names like Emma, Emily, Emme...

Beckett- Does anyone else think this sounds like a censored version of f*** it? Like "Screw it" or "Beck it"... lol

Declan- All I can think of when I hear this name is that someone is saying "duckling" in a weird way. I really want to like this name though. Does everyone else hear duckling?

Ooooh I forgot one.

Does Arlo sound girly with Harlow and Marlow getting more attention for girls these days??

Arlo - I know an Arlo who is a boy. Very masculine sounding to me. Never heard of it on a girl.
    Emmett - the only thing I think of is the Twilight association. But if you don't mind that, then it's still a lovely, strong name IMO.
    Beckett - I think of David Beckham??
    Declan - I don't hear "duckling" at all. His nn could be "Deck" - cute!

Quote Originally Posted by tenleyskye View Post
    My husband and I like both these names, but have concerns about them.

Emmett- I know it's a boy name but does it seem girly to you? We worry about the Emm part of it and worry he will get called Emmy or something girly like that. It just seems so close to girly names like Emma, Emily, Emme...

Beckett- Does anyone else think this sounds like a censored version of f*** it? Like "Screw it" or "Beck it"... lol

Declan- All I can think of when I hear this name is that someone is saying "duckling" in a weird way. I really want to like this name though. Does everyone else hear duckling?
    Emmett - I understand the issue you have with this one, but if he had a handsome middle name starting with "D." He could have the nn Ed which would eliminate that problem.

Beckett - I kind of see what you mean with this one too. But I think that's a very minor thing.

Declan - Declan has always reminded me of decking or a deck chair. So its one I've always steered clear of.

Arlo - No, I don't see a girly association with this one at all, I know an Arlo so to me its all boy.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Emmett: I don't think it sounds too girly. Lots of boys' names share the same sounds as girls' names: Donna/Donald, Jennifer/Jensen, Macy/Mason. I don't think anybody would find Emmett too feminine for a boy to carry.

Beckett: Lol...well now that you point that out, that's all I will think of when I hear the name Beckett. Since it's in your head, that's all you will think of too. Maybe you'd like Bennett instead?

Declan: I would have NEVER thought of duckling. But again, since it's in your head, that is probably all you will think of when you hear the name, so perhaps you should keep looking. Maybe you would like Deacon or Breckin?

Arlo: I don't think Arlo sounds girly. I think Harlow and Marlow sound a tad masculine. Most of the time names that end in O are boys' names. Milo, Thurlow, Jethro....