Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 'S' name?

Which 'S' name?

So I think we have narrowed down our choices for Phoebe's sister to 2 'S' names. Sylvia, nn Sylvie, and Susannah. I feel like Sylvie has a little more spunk and sense of fun, like Phoebe, but Susannah is maybe more timeless and impervious to trends. We have been naming this baby for 5 years, since I had Phoebe, and I still feel so confused! What do you think?

Additional info: Middle name is Eugenie, not negotiable. We have also considered Blythe and Margo, and I have recently been flirting with June. But the 2 'S' names are standing out for now.

Quote Originally Posted by phoebesmom View Post
    So I think we have narrowed down our choices for Phoebe's sister to 2 'S' names. Sylvia, nn Sylvie, and Susannah. I feel like Sylvie has a little more spunk and sense of fun, like Phoebe, but Susannah is maybe more timeless and impervious to trends. We have been naming this baby for 5 years, since I had Phoebe, and I still feel so confused! What do you think?

Additional info: Middle name is Eugenie, not negotiable. We have also considered Blythe and Margo, and I have recently been flirting with June. But the 2 'S' names are standing out for now.

Susannah flows better with the middle name, imo.

I like Sylvie very much. Have you considered Savannah instead of Susannah? Margo and June are also two of my favorite names. Out of all these choices, Phoebe and Sylvie are the least pleasing to my ear as a set. Maybe the ending is too similar? Phoebe and June is especially cute, I think.

Susannah does work better with Eugenie, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I want to use the first name we like best, and as long as the flow isn't awful, I'm ok with it.

How about Sylvie Eugenie? It is rhymy, but I like it.