Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We're having a boy... and we have no names!!

Hello! First-time poster to this forum. We found out a few weeks ago that we're having boy. We're thrilled! So far things seem to be going well, so now we're starting to focus on names. I had it in my head that it was going to be a girl, only because I kept thing girl names during the whole first trimester and beginning of the second tri. So now I feel like we're starting at square one!

We already have a nine-year-old son, whose name is Mason Raymond. (Our choice of Mason happened WAY before the Kardashian craze, and Raymond is in memory of my grandfather). I'm having such a hard time with this... finding a great name that suits a little boy but that transitions well into a man's name can be a challenge! When I was pregnant with Mason I originally wanted his name to be Jack, but we changed our minds. I still really like Jack, but it's not my number one choice anymore (plus I know a lot of Jacks at my son's school). I'd rather not pick a name that is too popular, but I may need to just forget about that and find one we both actually agree on!

I would have picked Calvin, but that's my husband's name (and he doesn't want a junior). Our last name is Kalscheuer (pronounced Kal-sure), so it needs to flow with that.

My list so far...

Not sure of a middle name yet. My grandma's maiden name was Hopper, so I wouldn't mind using that, but I haven't even asked my husband yet. My son votes for Josh, but that's my brother's name, and I also like Eli, but my husband's cousin already has a son named Eli.
    Last edited by deekal0322; May 30th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Congratulations, and welcome to Nameberry!

The name on your list that I think sounds best with your last name is Keaton (I LOVE name is alliterative and lots of people have complimented it). I think Keaton Kalscheuer sounds amazing and memorable.

I don't think Jack works well with your last name, since the K in Jack would run into the K in Kalscheuer.

I've heard lots of negative comments on the name Cohen, as it seems to be offensive to Jewish people, so I recommend steering clear of that one.

Cole Kalscheuer also sounds fantastic because of the K sound, and my other favorites are Nolan, Miles, and Reid.

Others you may like:

Good luck!

I'm still debating how I feel about -er ending names with your last name. If I like it - then I like Xavier. If not then I like Miles

I also would steer clear from Cohen, and I also don't like Mercer with your surname because the -cer -sure endings end up making it sound odd to me.

Xi'An, China
    Ok, I'd steer clear of the -er sound at the end of the 1st name, as it may rhyme or sound choppy with your surname ending in -er. So, I'm not a fan of Mercer or Xavier Kalscheuer. I'd also not go for Jack or any other name ending in a -c/-ck/-k, as it will slur to become Jackalscheuer. From your list, I like Keaton, Seth, Reid, Leo, and Jude. To me, those are all unique, mature, timeless classics.

Others: Sullivan, Chayton, Kian, Soren, Lars, Orion, Preston, Heath, Grant, Graham, Quentin, Edward, Ewan, Cavan, Damien, Anders, Anthony, Roman, Tucker, Tanner, Ezra, Ian, Gavin, Griffin, Gannon, Harrison, Garrett, Brady, Brody, Blaine, Byron, Sebastian, Sterling, Stanton, Tiernan, Tierney, Clay, Corbin, Collin, Callum, Lachlan, Malcolm, Dallin, Dayton, Camden, Clancy, August, Blaise, Caspian, Conley, Declan, Duncan, Dillon, Easton, Emerson, Edison, Emrys, Forrest, Gage, Shepherd, Saxon, Jericho, Adrian, Kai, Langston, Marcus, Micah, Miles, Ogden, Orin, Philip, Patrick, Rafferty, Raleigh, Ransom, Raphael, Roy, Ray, Rhett, Ross, Rhys, Reuben (<3), Russell, Simon (<3), Shay, Tate, Toby, Tobias, Thomas, Walden, Wallace, Winston, Wesley, Weston, West, Wendall, Whitman, Wayne, Wyatt, Zane, Zachary, Josiah, Jeremiah, Abel, Amos
    INTP Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

Raphael Kaveh
    Currently stuck on girls

Names I love, but cannot use:

Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Caspar Siavash, Elias Rostam, Simon Kasra
    Valentina Parvaneh, Rosalind Tala, Viola Katayoun

New York
    I really like Miles, Nolan, Everett and Leo with your last names. Miles is probably my favorite but I don't know if you want to use the same initial as your first son. It might be nice to use Calvin as a middle name. If you decide to do that, it find of rules out Nolan because of the flow.

Miles Calvin, Everett Calvin, Leo Calvin
    Gwendolyn Mae... Meredith Jane. ... Josephine Claire...Catherine Esme... Evelyn Grace ** Arlo Grant ... Drew Thomas ... Eli James ... Owen Vincent... Jay Theodore