Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We're having a boy... and we have no names!!

Hello! First-time poster to this forum. We found out a few weeks ago that we're having boy. We're thrilled! So far things seem to be going well, so now we're starting to focus on names. I had it in my head that it was going to be a girl, only because I kept thing girl names during the whole first trimester and beginning of the second tri. So now I feel like we're starting at square one!

We already have a nine-year-old son, whose name is Mason Raymond. (Our choice of Mason happened WAY before the Kardashian craze, and Raymond is in memory of my grandfather). I'm having such a hard time with this... finding a great name that suits a little boy but that transitions well into a man's name can be a challenge! When I was pregnant with Mason I originally wanted his name to be Jack, but we changed our minds. I still really like Jack, but it's not my number one choice anymore (plus I know a lot of Jacks at my son's school). I'd rather not pick a name that is too popular, but I may need to just forget about that and find one we both actually agree on!

I would have picked Calvin, but that's my husband's name (and he doesn't want a junior). Our last name is Kalscheuer (pronounced Kal-sure), so it needs to flow with that.

My list so far...

Jack
    Keaton
    Liam
    Nolan
    Finn
    Cole
    Miles
    Everett
    Levi
    Parker
    Xavier
    Jude
    Seth
    Reid
    Leo
    Mercer

Not sure of a middle name yet. My grandma's maiden name was Hopper, so I wouldn't mind using that, but I haven't even asked my husband yet. My son votes for Josh, but that's my brother's name, and I also like Eli, but my husband's cousin already has a son named Eli.
    Last edited by deekal0322; May 30th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Congratulations, and welcome to Nameberry!

The name on your list that I think sounds best with your last name is Keaton (I LOVE alliteration...my name is alliterative and lots of people have complimented it). I think Keaton Kalscheuer sounds amazing and memorable.

I don't think Jack works well with your last name, since the K in Jack would run into the K in Kalscheuer.

I've heard lots of negative comments on the name Cohen, as it seems to be offensive to Jewish people, so I recommend steering clear of that one.

Cole Kalscheuer also sounds fantastic because of the K sound, and my other favorites are Nolan, Miles, and Reid.

Others you may like:

Asher
    Gage
    Emmons
    Emmett
    Evan
    Keegan
    Lane
    Lincoln
    Leon
    Logan
    Phineas
    Olin
    Walker

Good luck!

I'm still debating how I feel about -er ending names with your last name. If I like it - then I like Xavier. If not then I like Miles

I also would steer clear from Cohen, and I also don't like Mercer with your surname because the -cer -sure endings end up making it sound odd to me.

Ok, I'd steer clear of the -er sound at the end of the 1st name, as it may rhyme or sound choppy with your surname ending in -er. So, I'm not a fan of Mercer or Xavier Kalscheuer. I'd also not go for Jack or any other name ending in a -c/-ck/-k, as it will slur to become Jackalscheuer. From your list, I like Keaton, Seth, Reid, Leo, and Jude. To me, those are all unique, mature, timeless classics.

Others: Sullivan, Chayton, Kian, Soren, Lars, Orion, Preston, Heath, Grant, Graham, Quentin, Edward, Ewan, Cavan, Damien, Anders, Anthony, Roman, Tucker, Tanner, Ezra, Ian, Gavin, Griffin, Gannon, Harrison, Garrett, Brady, Brody, Blaine, Byron, Sebastian, Sterling, Stanton, Tiernan, Tierney, Clay, Corbin, Collin, Callum, Lachlan, Malcolm, Dallin, Dayton, Camden, Clancy, August, Blaise, Caspian, Conley, Declan, Duncan, Dillon, Easton, Emerson, Edison, Emrys, Forrest, Gage, Shepherd, Saxon, Jericho, Adrian, Kai, Langston, Marcus, Micah, Miles, Ogden, Orin, Philip, Patrick, Rafferty, Raleigh, Ransom, Raphael, Roy, Ray, Rhett, Ross, Rhys, Reuben (<3), Russell, Simon (<3), Shay, Tate, Toby, Tobias, Thomas, Walden, Wallace, Winston, Wesley, Weston, West, Wendall, Whitman, Wayne, Wyatt, Zane, Zachary, Josiah, Jeremiah, Abel, Amos
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I really like Miles, Nolan, Everett and Leo with your last names. Miles is probably my favorite but I don't know if you want to use the same initial as your first son. It might be nice to use Calvin as a middle name. If you decide to do that, it find of rules out Nolan because of the flow.

Miles Calvin, Everett Calvin, Leo Calvin
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.