Names Searched Right Now:

Boys Name in Family tree (New and not on Nameberry!!)

So for the first time yesterday I saw my dads moms side of the family tree, and in true name nerd style, I scanned for new names!
    Most of them were pretty typical, my grandmother Irene, her parents William and Marie, and then Marie's parents Justine, and then the one that shocks me, Amble! I can't seem to find the name Amble on Nameberry, and have never encountered in before! I can't find it on any of the usual sites, so maybe someone can help me out here?! I love the find, (it makes a great connection to similar Amabel which I love!) and I'm curious to learn more about it! It's another word for a way of walking, but is that it? Is it possible that it's a typo?

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I'd guess that Amble is just a word name.
    Dictionary.com defines amble as:

amble [am-buh l] -> verb
    ambled, ambling -> noun

verb (used without object)
    1. to go at a slow, easy pace; stroll; saunter: He ambled around the town.
    2. (of a horse) to go at a slow pace with the legs moving in lateral paris and usually having a four-beat rhythm.

noun
    3. an ambling gait.
    4. a slow, easy walk or gentle pace.
    5. a stroll.

I'd be very surprised to find there to be a name that has a different meaning to this.
    (Though if that side of your family has heritage from a more exotic part of the world I'd suggest researching names from that area).
    Last edited by lexiem; May 29th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Hmm, it's interesting. My first thought was that it was a typo for Abel, though. Either way, it's a pretty cool name!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory