Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like Tate and Skye for a girl; I'm not sure if they have been mentioned yet. I know a female Tate and it fits her very well; it doesn't sound too masculine at all, more like short and spunky and to-the-point. My personal favourites from the above posts are:

Eve
    Sloane
    Kate/Cate
    Niamh
    Pearl
    Rose
    Shea/Shae
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

My vote

Trish
    Kay
    Shae
    Mae
    Shawn
    Hope
    Dawn
    Lyt (pronounced "light")
    Lee
    Rae (pronouced "ray")

I think Faye would make a great first name, too.

Has anyone mentioned Wynne yet?

And Jill is probably my favorite one-syllable girl's name of all time. To me, it's got it all---simplicity, spunk, dignity, history, just a little whimsy, and it's a classic.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Mad respect to augusta_lee, (whose taste I often love) but I am baffled by the shout-out to Jael. I like the name, don't get me wrong, but I've heard three pronunciations of that and all are two syllables? My favourite pronunciation of Jael is yah-ELLE? I know some English speakers say JAY-el, which I kinda hate, but surely nobody is saying it sound like "jail"?

Anyhow...

My favourite one-syllables to use myself: Jane, Clare/Claire, Rain, Rue, Fern, Mae, Blythe, Niamh, Neve. I like Niamh said "neev" and Neve said "nehv." They're different names to me. Some people, however, use Neve as a phonetic spelling to say "neev."
    One-syllables that aren't my most favourite but sound very of-the-moment to me: Lark, Tess, Elle, Grace, Wren, Sage, Eve.

I like Faith and Rose. I dislike Joy. All of these are pretty popular as middles, not so much as firsts.