Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rosebud?

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    It's great if you're giving birth to a sled.
    HAHA!

Perhaps just save it as a nickname for your own daughter.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I agree with blade. It would be an adorable middle name if it wasn't for the connection to one of the most famous twists in movie history.

I like it for the middle! with all the other Rose- names it will blend in but stand out, like a Matilda or Sylvie.
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan

I think you can get away with it. I didn't think of the sled until someone mentioned it. I'd be more hesistant about the associations if you were going to use it for a first. But, especially with all the Rose mns these days, I think it will blend it but be just a little different.

I personally just think it's a nickname. I'm really not a fan of it, even in the middle spot. I think it'd be kinda cool to call your daughter Rosebud like your mum called you, and I think it could be something special you share with her.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver