Thread: Question...

Some combos that came to mind:

Sawyer Faye
    Merit Cordelia
    Asher Eleanor
    Silas Maxine
    Felix Ofelia

I like names that have assonance

I'm rooting hard for Merit. I think it sounds so great with Rowan! Merit Ofelia is gorgeous. The -Of beginning of Ofelia really makes the -it ending of Merit shine by offering a chance for that tap consonant ('t') to be sounded. I think the Ofelia spelling is great; it feels a bit more grounded than the 'ph' version.
    TTC #1

musings:
    Eulalie Catharina • Cecily Mathilda • Beatrix Evelina • Cosima Ondine • Cordelia Eveline • Calliope Tabitha • Paloma Celeste
    Ivo Maurice Abraham • Marius Nathanael • Euan Marcellus • Crispin Adair • Morris Oak

Wow, I actually went out of town for a few days and couldn't check on this thread so sorry for the delay.

@goodhope, I see what you mean about the woodsy connection, I thought it was more cute/funny than anything but I can see how it would annoy someone else.

@ninanoo, my husband is half Navajo and he was born in Arizona but moved to New England at a very young age.

@waverly1234, I like the idea of Marlowe but it just doesn't sound right for me.

@sleepysessha, I think you're right about Asher, Merit, and Sawyer being my top 3. I love Silas and Felix, and I would consider them for a son if they weren't getting so darn popular for boys. I like the idea of using a name that is just starting to be considered "normal" for boys and then using it on a girl. I cringe when I meet a boy named Aiden but my pediatrician's daughter is named Ayden and it sounds fresh and new to my ears. I love Asher Ofelia, Sawyer Alys, and Merit Eleanor. They are definite possibilities.

@jyoti, I definitely prefer Merit, due to the virtue and Ancient Egyptian connections.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I think my "definite contenders" list is as follows...

Asher Ofelia
    Asher Alys (alliteration okay?)
    Sawyer Alys
    Sawyer Faye
    Merit Eleanor
    Merit Cordelia
    Felix Faye

Of course I could come across new middles between now and then, but most of those have pretty consistently lingered on my list.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

My favourites from your final contenders are Sawyer Alys and Merit Cordelia. They're both very sweet and match well with Rowan Jane.
    ~ Proud mother of Violet Elizabeth Rose ~

AUDREY – BEATRICE – CLARA – DAPHNE – JANE – SUSANNAH – URSULA – VIOLET
    ARTHUR – DARCY – EDWARD – FREDERICK – GEORGE – HENRY – JAMES – RUPERT