Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Question...

I think Ofelia is very pretty and I prefer it to Ophelia.

Silas Cora
    Sawyer Ofelia
    Felix Ruby
    Merit Eleanor
    Asher Florence
    Asher Maxine
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I like Ofelia compared to Ophelia. I think it gives it a twist to the name.
    Combos I like are:
    Silas Ruby
    Silas Ofelia
    Merit Ofelia
    Merit Cordelia
    Felix Marian
    Sawyer Maxine
    Sawyer Eleanor
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I love Otillie's suggestion of merit maxine! I don't really love either of them individually, but together, they are stunning.

I want to love Ofelia/Ophelia but its not the " feel ya" part that I don't like, it's the oaf at the beginning.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I think Sawyer Eleanor would be very cute! Sawyer Marian, Sawyer Cordelia, and Sawyer Alys are nice, too. I like Merit Maxine, Merit Ruby, Merit Eleanor...and Asher Flora/Florence, Asher Eleanor, Asher Marian...I like Ophelia/Ofelia and would work with either pronunciation and any of your firsts except Felix, too much "fee" (I also just can't take Felix on a girl seriously...Sawyer is fairly unisex, Asher and Merit are masculine but if she hates that she can use Ash or Merry as her nn, but Felix would leave her with no nn options but Fifi...and no one over 4 is going to want to go by Fifi) I'm not sure why you want such masculine first names instead of saving them for a boy and using one of your gorgeous middles as a first for a girl... Maxine would give you the boyish nn of Max but not force her into life with a boy's name, have you considered Maxine as a first? Rowan and Maxine/Max would be very nice together! Maxine would work with pretty much all of your middles! Maxine Sawyer would be cute, too.

Quote Originally Posted by niftylavalamp View Post
    I think Sawyer Eleanor would be very cute! Sawyer Marian, Sawyer Cordelia, and Sawyer Alys are nice, too. I like Merit Maxine, Merit Ruby, Merit Eleanor...and Asher Flora/Florence, Asher Eleanor, Asher Marian...I like Ophelia/Ofelia and would work with either pronunciation and any of your firsts except Felix, too much "fee" (I also just can't take Felix on a girl seriously...Sawyer is fairly unisex, Asher and Merit are masculine but if she hates that she can use Ash or Merry as her nn, but Felix would leave her with no nn options but Fifi...and no one over 4 is going to want to go by Fifi) I'm not sure why you want such masculine first names instead of saving them for a boy and using one of your gorgeous middles as a first for a girl... Maxine would give you the boyish nn of Max but not force her into life with a boy's name, have you considered Maxine as a first? Rowan and Maxine/Max would be very nice together! Maxine would work with pretty much all of your middles! Maxine Sawyer would be cute, too.
    I am "saving" them for a boy. I am considering these names for both genders. I honestly don't understand why people keep saying I'm forcing or being cruel to my daughter by using a name I love that happens to be used for mostly boys. When I say these names, I don't think "boy" or "girl" I just like the way the name sounds and the image it gives me. It's just my style. I generally can't stand ultra feminine names like Arabella or Evangelista but I never suggest the parent consider something else because I don't like their style. It's rude and condescending to be honest.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.