Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question...

Hybrid View

Question Question...

Okay, so after my recent middle name thread I have added Ophelia, Maxine, Marion (Marian?), Ruby, and Eleanor to my list of middle name possibilities. I guess I have two questions/requests actually...

1. What are some combos using these middles: Ophelia/Ofelia, Maxine, Marian, Ruby, Alys, Faye, Cordelia, Eleanor, Flora/Florence, Cora
    & these firsts: Asher, Felix, Sawyer, Merit, Silas

2. I am considered using the Spanish spelling and pronunciation of Ophelia, Ofelia. It is pronounced Oh-fay-lee-uh. For 2 reasons, to get around the "oh-feel-ya" joke possibilities and because I love the movie Pan's Labyrinth in which the little girl heroine is named Ofelia. Is it okay to use the Spanish version, and what are your thoughts on each name? Which do you prefer?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Frist thoughts: Asher Ophelia, Felix Marian and Merit Maxine. Felix Faye is still beautiful as well.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Merit Ruby
    Merit Alys (prn. elise or alice?)
    Rachel mom of Seth Gabriel, Leah Gabrielle, Isaac Curtis, and Ruby Anastasia

Quote Originally Posted by rachelbrein View Post
    Merit Ruby
    Merit Alys (prn. elise or alice?)
    It's the Welsh variation of Alice. I would pronounce it the same, but I think it usually has a little more inflection on the L. Like a-LYSS.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

1. I'm confused. These are all boys names: Asher, Felix, Sawyer, Merit, Silas
    and these are all girls names: Ophelia/Ofelia, Maxine, Marian, Ruby, Alys, Faye, Cordelia, Eleanor, Flora/Florence, Cora

Maybe Merit Faye or Merit Cordelia. Merit is the only one I can imagine on a girl.

2. Are you Spanish? If you're white, Germanic and live in Kansas I'd say, no, don't use the Spanish version, but if it has some meaning/connection to your background then go for it. I think most people will pronounce both the same, so if you really want that pronunciation you'll be correcting people constantly.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin