Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now we know it's a boy... but nothing sounds quite right!

So I am 13.5 weeks pregnant with my first and just got back the results of the genetic testing - he's definitely a boy! We were 100% sold on our girls name, Anthea Russell, but were never really on solid ground with a boys' name. I know I posted on here maybe 3 months ago about my search for a name, but it an ever evolving struggle, and I would love your feedback! Our last name sounds like "Talon"

For the past week or so I have been really sold on Zeller (nicknames Zel, Ziggy, and if he has the middle name "Keene" then Zeke as well) It is my paternal grandmother's maiden name. For middles, I have been thinking:

Zeller Keene (to honor my MIL Kathleen and my mother's middle, Eileen)
    but I am worried that Zeller Keene sounds like a biology term or something (cytokine etc.)

Zeller Defiance (I like the sound and the meaning, but am aware that for some people, Defiance is too negative)

Zeller Galloway (just like the sound)

Zeller Lorenzo (to honor my mother Laura)

Other first names I was considering:
    I was really into Hartley for a first name, but it seems like it is poised to get claimed by the girls...
    I like Berkeley, but again it sounds to girly and too hippie
    I love Baxter, but again, with the "x" it seems like it is poised to get mega popular, as I have heard is happening in the UK
    I also like Ambrose, but feel like it doesn't really roll off the tongue and I don't like "Bro" or "Rosie"
    I like Clyde, but like names to have nickname possibilities, which I don't see for Clyde.
    I like Reed and Lee but they are both a bit plain for my taste...

Other middle names I have thought about:
    Adair
    Alexander (my bro's middle name)
    Amias
    Bravery
    Carr (my grandfather and brother's name)
    Champion
    Daire
    Dare
    Defiance
    Fransell (mashup of my FIL Francis and father's middle, Russell)
    Galloway
    Gramercy
    Hayes
    Jericho (my mother's nickname)
    Julius (paternal grandfather's middle)
    Keene (honor my MIL Kathleen and my mother's middle, Eileen)
    Lee
    Lorenzo (honor my mother Laura)
    Mars (my name)
    Power (family name)
    Powers (family name)
    Rece (brother's middle)
    Russell (father's middle)
    Walsh (MIL maiden name)

Any suggestions for new names I haven't even thought of of feedback on the names I have in new and wonderful combinations, would be amazing. I want this little guy to have a name that just feels right!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

Your style is very different from mine. Zeller is ok, but reminds me of the Dr Seuss book A wocket in my pocket. There is a Zellar in the Cellar. I think I would use Zeke instead. I also like Alexander, Reed, and Lee.

I have to second boyandgirl here: Zeller reminds me of the Dr Seuss book A wocket in my pocket. There is a Zellar in the Cellar.
    I don't know why but I wanted to run the name Elijah by you for some strange reason it seems like it may be a name you might like.
    good luck
    c'smom

Thanks for the input! I do really love Elijah, but have already named my dog Eli, so we can't have two little Eli's running around. I have never heard of that Seuss reference before!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

I think Zellar is cool. Most people on here won't like it because it's not a traditional name. I really think Zellar Jericho is cool! Zellar Julius is cool too!