Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tenleyskye View Post
    Rhymer Elias
    Rhymer Everett
    Rhymer Elijah
    Rhymer Edison
    Rhymer Ezra

We actually thought about Elias for awhile, but its just overused.
    We also debated Esaias, but my husband didn't like it.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Hmm. I'm not sure where you got your information, but Im not finding any reference to Elyott as a Hebrew name. On its own I don't think it's terrible, by the repeating "y" in Rhymer Elyott looks awful to me. I understand your reasoning for liking Rhymer, but just seems so literal to me. Anyway, if you want a Hebrew name that starts with an E, I suggest-
    Ephraim
    Eli
    Elroy
    Emilio
    Ezra
    Ezri
    Elias
    Eliel
    Eliat (same pronunciation, correct spelling)
    Elihu
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by roseymaam View Post
    Hmm. I'm not sure where you got your information, but Im not finding any reference to Elyott as a Hebrew name. On its own I don't think it's terrible, by the repeating "y" in Rhymer Elyott looks awful to me. I understand your reasoning for liking Rhymer, but just seems so literal to me. Anyway, if you want a Hebrew name that starts with an E, I suggest-
    Ephraim
    Eli
    Elroy
    Emilio
    Ezra
    Ezri
    Elias
    Eliel
    Eliat (same pronunciation, correct spelling)
    Elihu
    I love word names. Always have... plus my husband's line of work is very important to him. It is Hebrew. The pronunciation of it says it all. I've checked multiple baby name sites and I also have a baby name app on my phone that all confirm it is. I just double checked to make sure I wasn't seeing things haha. What if I spelled it without the y? There is a spelling variation that has the same pronunciation and is Hebrew.

Elyott and Eliott.
    I actually like the meaning of Eliott better. I could have my pronunciation too. Does Rhymer Eliott look better than Rhymer Elyott?

I love Eliott! (but spelt this way)

I'm sorry that people feel the need to criticize Rhymer when you clearly have made your decision and clearly haven't asked for opinions on the first name! Sorry, needed to get that off my chest lol!

I wouldn't worry about the spelling of the middle name. Do what looks best to you. It's his middle name so no one is ever going to have to pronounce or spell it other than you guys (his parents!).