Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VBAC experiences??

I am preggers with #2 and had a csection with DD due to prolonged labor, some fetal distress, and it turned out I had a 9lb 12 oz baby in there. Talked to my OB today and she is optomistic about my vbac chances as long as I go into labor at 40 weeks or earlier (Ramona was 41 weeks) because genetics are against me for baby size (dh and I were both 9+, my brother in law, dad and brother were 10+) and the longer that baby is in there the bigger he/she will be. My DH is very nervous about my going into labor again, as the 36 hours of active labor with no drugs sucked pretty badly for us both- mostly because it was so disappointing. Would love to hear from people who had successful or attempted vbac. What was your experience?
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Also interested to see any responses to this thread!

My first labour also ended with an emergency c-section, with the surgeon afterward recommending c-sections for subsequent deliveries as I apparently have a narrow pelvic outlet/arch. However, baby was in a terrible position (Posterior, Ascynclitic & Deflexed) so I have some questions as to whether or not a normal delivery is possible with better positioning. Decision making time looming as I'm now 32 weeks, will have a meeting with an OB very soon to discuss...getting a bit stressed about what to choose now!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla

I know what you mean! My dr is very vbac supportive but I am really afraid that it won't work out.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

I have no personal experience, but my sister in law had twins after a c-section with her first. Twin #1 was born vaginally, Twin #2 was a C! I think it's about finding a doctor that's very supportive of your goal.

@rose, that's what is making me so uncomfortable with the decision. Going into my first labour I wasn't fearful of what might unfold, I felt well prepared and had done alot of research and reading etc. This time around I have a fear that wasn't there before because of what happened last time. I worry that if I attempt a vbac with that fear then I am more likely to fail and need another emergency c-section. However, I have some guilt issues around deciding to just schedule a surgery, rather than at least try to vbac.
    I actually had a dream last night that I was in hospital for the section, and it was taking them forever to get me prepped etc, and the whole time I was feeling horrible about the decision, then it was afterward and I'd had the c-section and had 4 different scars on my tummy (which had gone even flatter than before I was pregnant!), but that I hadn't even seen my new baby yet...wasn't even sure where he was. Woke up feeling really strange after that.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla