Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Multiples with Clomid

I was just prescribed Clomid to help with my fertility issues. I know taking it gives you an increased chance of multiples (twins mainly) - just a slight increase though, in my understanding. Does anyone have any experience with this or know of anyone that conceived twins while on Clomid?

The thought of more than one baby is a little daunting but a kind of exciting. Although at this point, I'd be happy with just getting pregnant at all.
    TTC #1

Well, my doc insisted on doing ultrasounds of my ovaries as we went to make sure the Clomid wasn't making me produce too many eggs. She is very cautious with Clomid first timers. If you think about it though, anyone could have twins, whether they're on Clomid or not ;-) I started with the 50 mg dose and I just produced one egg. It's a pretty low dose, but it never hurts to talk to your doctor if you're concerned about multiples. Good luck with the Clomid and provera. I hope they work well for you!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I was on Clomid at 35 which is also supposed to up your odds and still only had a singleton.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Whit - did you get pregnant on your first round?

My doctor will only be checking my progesterone levels, but not doing ultrasounds while I'm on it.
    TTC #1

Yes, I got pregnant my first round, but we also did an IUI and ovidrel shot with it. I think I would have gotten pregnant without the IUI, but it was part of a package deal, so we went ahead and did it. The ovidrel is a one time shot to make your body release the egg. For this second one, I took Clomid 50mg for about 7 months with no luck. We didn't do the ultrasounds because she was pretty sure I would react to the dose the same way, and I was trying to save money. We decided to up the dose and do the IUI cycle again, but then I got pregnant on my own (long weird story), which turned into an ectopic. After the ectopic, I ovulated and got pregnant on my own, so we never did try the 100mg dose. Hopefully, since this is your first try, your body will react well to the Clomid. I think the 50 mg dose just wasn't enough for me the second time around. I never even got a positive ovulation test. You may want to ask your doc about progesterone supplements for when you do get pregnant. Low progesterone is a problem for a lot of women with PCOS, and can cause miscarriage. The progesterone I took was a vaginal suppository that I had to have shipped to me from a special lab, so it's something you might need to look into ahead of time. Good luck!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me