Names Searched Right Now:

Totally Stuck on Girl Names

We just found out we are having a girl, and we have absolutely NO names in mind.

Some notes:
    - I like the idea of naming her in honour of our parents, but don't really like any of our parent's names in their original forms - Barbara and Cecilia are the grandmas, and Bobby and Dennis are the grandpas. I'm not married to this idea, but thought it might be nice for her name to have some meaning behind it.
    - we have a son named Mason Daniel. It would be nice if the names had the same feeling but weren't too "matchy". One name that we like is Madeleine but it seems too matchy with Mason.
    - We want something that will be not too common - I grew up as one of 5 Jennifer/Jenny's in my grade, so I don't want to do that to her, but I also definitely don't want a name that is too out there or that will require a lot of spelling/clarification.

Looking forward to all of your great suggestions!

To honor Cecelia did you consider Celina? It's less common, and fresher.
    What about Penelope, Natalie or Vivienne ? I find them similar to Madeline in flavor. But I like Madeline and don't find it too matchy with Mason, if only they share an M.

Barbara, Cecilia, Bobby and Dennis. Hmm. Most of the obvious ones (Roberta, Denise, Celia) all seem dated to me, and don't work with Mason.

How about:

Cara (Cecila and Barbara) - or any other -ara name - Lara, Mara, Sara, etc.
    Delia (Dennis and Cecilia)
    Robyn (variant of Robert)
    Anything -en sending from Dennis - Lauren, Helen, Ellen, etc.
    Anything -lia ending from Cecilia - Amelia, Julia, Olivia, etc.
    Poppy - turn the B's in Bobby into P's.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Ideas for honoring her grandparents:

Maybe you could use inspiration from one of the grandparents on the paternal side and one on the paternal side? Idk which names are paternal/maternal, but here are some ideas for each name.
    Cecelia: Celia, Cecily
    Barbara: Bee, Bronte (idk why, it just sounds a little similar)
    Bobby: Roberta, Robin, Bobbi
    Dennis: Denise

Also, what about using the name of a grandmother's favorite flower or drawing inspiration from a favorite childhood memory or activity that your family or your husband's family participated in?

I hope that helps!

EDIT: Ooh, some really great ideas from essjay!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

I really like the idea of combining the grandparent's names into something new. Barbara and Dennis are paternal grandparents, and Cecilia and Bobby are maternal grandparents. Or another way to do it would be to combine the two grandmas and two grandpas into some name. For a boy, we had thought about Denby (combo of Dennis and Bobby).

Another thing to think about, she will be half Chinese, so maybe something that honours her asian heritage?

As you can see I'm definitely all over the place with names right now. Keep the suggestions coming!