Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I just don't like that it is a synonym for man or boy. It seems too generic. Although I LOVE Guy Pearce!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

Part of my mind likes Guy. It seems hip, unexpected and very European. But that's the part of my mind that can get past the 'some dude' noun usage and see it as a name. I don't think it would actually work well in real life, at least here in the U.S. where we say, "Hey, guys!" all the time.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I used to know a teenage Guy, and everyone he introduced himself to thought he was kidding when he told them his name. Naming your son Guy is like naming him Dude. There was a time when Guy worked as a name, but that time has passed.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Who'd name their kid that? There's no way a guy named Guy can go on to have a successful career.
    Here comes President Guy Smith! Nope.
    Almost as bad a name as Mitt, while I'm on the subject of presidency... Or rather, non-presidency.

Achievement, vitality, strategy, zeal, leadership