Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slavic girls names that work with trendy boys names?

So I love European names, particularly those of German, Russian, Romanian or Bulgarian origin on little girls. But I have an affinity for trendy boys names.
    Some examples:
    Ronan nn Ro (Top choice, I am pretty unmoving on this one, maybe when the time comes I'll use it as a middle name.)
    Carter
    Ellis
    Hart
    Heath
    Jonas (I know its too sing-song-y with Ronan)

So this proves to be a problem because I love long, romantic, frilly girls names:
    Angelina (I know its not strictly European; but its quite popular where my family is from.)
    Danika
    Ekaterina
    Elizaveta
    Mirela
    Nikolina (This would work to honour a loved one who passed away. It's growing on me.)
    Rayna (Could work to honour a family member. I really like it. But the alliteration would be annoying.)
    Tatiana
    This isn't all of them, but just some that come to mind.

So any suggestions on how to make Slavic/European girls names work with trendy boy's names would be greatly appreciate! Thanks Berries!
    Last edited by sodallas3; May 28th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter

It may be all in the nickname for you... but what's important to remember in the long run is at they'll only be viewed as a "set" for a brief period at the very beginning of their lives. My name doesn't particularly "go" with my brothers' names, but it has never really occurred to me that I stick out against them. The only truly important thing is to make the names fair, so none are more or less special sounding than others.

That said, Carter and Elizaveta or Nikolina is a tough sell. They would inevitably be Lizzie and Nikki. Some are an easier pair than others; I can totally see Mirela with any of your boys, especially Heath. Rayna as well. It's just when they do get long and frilly that they seem less like a pair, but again, that's where nicknames come in.

You could go with a Slavic name that's getting trendy in the states...Elena and Milena come to mind, or one of the many names that can be shortened to Eva, Mila, Lena, etc...trendy-ish nicknames w/ a more elaborate full name.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

What about Sasha (or Sacha) for a girl?

Thanks all. Well, Nina Dobrev's name is actually Nikolina and Emmy Rossum's real name is Emmanuelle. So do you think that if I could find a short form I liked I could keep the long form in the FN spot?

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter