Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Theodore/Theodora too similar for siblings?

One of the names being considered for this baby is Theodore, but the problem is my daughters middle name is Theodora. Is this too similar or is it okay since one is a middle name and one is a first name? Also does Theodore Marshall sound good?
    Callum (2000), Alexander (2002), Penelope (2004), Easton (2007), Magnolia (2010), Scarlett (2013)

I think since Theodora is in the middle, it will be fine. You may get a few raised eye brows, but who cares about that. Theodore Marshall is nice!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Out of curiosity, what are all the kid's middles?

I think it's okay...not ideal and maybe the kids will feel a bit possessive of the name. But my middle name is Michelle and one of my brothers has Michael as a middle, and neither of us mind. Of course, that's both middles, not one first and one middle.

Is Theodore a family name that you'd like to honor? If there's a certain reason you really want to use Theodore, go for it. If you're honoring a family member, maybe both the kids will just feel that special connection to that relative. If it's simply that you just like the name a lot, I would think about it a little more and make sure there's not another, more distinct name that you like just as well.

One other thing...is Easton a boy? That feels like a rather different style from Theodore. Not hugely different, but maybe a slightly more modern/surnamey boy's name fits better.

All that aside: if you just love Theodore Marshall, or if it's an important family name, I think you can totally get away with it. The combo is nice, too.

Theodore is fine to use, especially since Theodora is only a mn for your daughter.

Theodore Marshall flows well!
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Personally, I would pick something else. Not only is it essentially the same name as your daughter's middle name, but PP is right - it doesn't have the same flavor as your other son's name. Maybe consider Marshall as a first name and choose a different middle name?