Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My girl list with middle names added - for Rex and Troy's future sister

Cora Ann

Eve Nicole

Ivy Danielle

Roxana Sue

Roxanne ?

Iris ?

I took Elena off the list because I just remembered that my neighbor named her baby girl Elena two weeks ago!
    I also took Beatrice off the list as I thought it was too classic to go with Rex and Troy.

My favorites are Cora Ann and Eve Nicole. However, Cora made #95 in my state last year and I prefer names ranked 200 or below, and I see Cora only gaining in popularity. All of the middle names have meaning for us but I'm not opposed to searching for other meaningful middles.

I would eliminate Roxana/Roxanne as first names because you already have a Rex. Cora and Troy sound similar to me (it's the shared o and r). I don't think Cora Ann flows well either (Corann sounds like the Koran. The Eve Nicole combo is ok but Nicole doesn't spice up Eve very much. What about Eve Roxana? I would prefer Ivy Daniela as a combo. Are there any other family names you can use for Iris? If not, what about Iris Matilda?

Top Three Faves

1 Eve
    2 Ivy
    3 Iris
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Cora Ann -- pretty...but maybe a longer first or middle name? Coraline Ann?

Eve Nicole -- Eve seems more ...exotic? to me than Nicole? Maybe Eve Nicolette?

Ivy Danielle -- pretty

Roxana Sue -- too close to Rex

Roxanne --see above

Iris ? --pretty..Iris Elizabeth? Iris Danielle? Iris Nicolette?

I took Elena off the list because I just remembered that my neighbor named her baby girl Elena two weeks ago! --> Bummer! This is my #1 name.
    I also took Beatrice off the list as I thought it was too classic to go with Rex and Troy. --> Agree

My favorites are Cora Ann and Eve Nicole. However, Cora made #95 in my state last year and I prefer names ranked 200 or below, and I see Cora only gaining in popularity. All of the middle names have meaning for us but I'm not opposed to searching for other meaningful middles.
    --> Maybe use Coraline and call her Cora?? If you love the name, I wouldn't let popularity keep you from using it too much? It's barely in the top 100..
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I feel like Rox is too close to Rex to use Roxana/Roxanne.

I like simple and straightforward, but Cora Ann and Eve Nicole are missing a little something for me...like a syllable somewhere.

Coralie Ann? You could call her Cora for short. (Altho Coralie sounds more nicknamey to me than Cora just because it's more cutesy).
    Cora Annaliese? Evelyn Nicole nn Eve?

Rex, Troy and Ivy sound great together though!
    Last edited by emsky; May 28th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Cora Ann - Say this outloud; it sounds like Corann. Cora does look and sound next to Rex and Troy, though.

Eve Nicole - This is okay; Rex, Troy, and Eve make sense.

Ivy Danielle - I think Rex, Troy, and Ivy sound the best. Not crazy about Danielle.

Roxana Sue - Rox is too close to Rex, even if you did call her Xana.

Roxanne ?

Iris ? - Too classic/frilly next to Rex and Troy.

My suggestions:

My favorites are in bold because I think they sound/look great next to Rex and Troy, and give a lot of personality and spunk.
    Last edited by liviajoan; May 28th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen